Team4 Overland E.G.O.R System Trailer Build

• HTML tutorial

Trevor_JK12

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winnipeg, MB Canada
Member #

I have yet to make a post in an Overland Form on any of my Rig or Trailer build. I will give a brief intro and I will elaborate more in the general thread.
So E.G.O.R. System stands for Expeditions, Getaways, Overland Rig System. We at Team 4 Overland have been researching and tossing around ideas about the ultimate overland trailer. We came to the conclusion that there is not really a definite answer to this, the ultimate trailer depends of the person using it. Trevor's 2012 JKU Sport "Monster" is the type of rig that gets used for a verity of activities from taking the dogs to the park to week long camping trips with the family. Space has become an issue for such long trips, and prior to having a ...roof rack everything has had to be packed inside. The concept of a custom built trails to complement this trail rig needed to be designed and built. Few must have that Trevor " Monster " wanted are;
1) Independent suspension
2) Power, dual battery system and solar charging capability
3) Large capacity fresh water storage
4) small capacity Grey water storage (removable)
5) External LEDs
6) Roof Top Tent/Annex
7) Pintel Hook (swivel)
8) External side Storage ( trail tools/ kitchen Storage/Bar)
9) Rear pull out Kitchen (prep area/sink/stove)
10) Pull out Fridge/freezer
11) Hot water heater/Shower
12) Radio built in
13) Propane hook up
14) drop down or pull our stabilizers
15) Full size Spare
16) Water/Dust tight.

Seeing this trailer will be used mostly as a base camp for weekend wheeling trips/hunting camp and Overlanding the addition of a 270degree awning with walls was talked about. This trailer was built as an Expedition, Getaway, Overland Rig trailer system " E.G.O.R Trailer System" It is designed to work as part of the Jeep and to endure trails as gnarly and as mild as the Jeep can handle. They compliment each other the Jeep Will power the trailer and in turn the trailer can power the jeep. Please Follow along as we build Monster his very own E.G.O.R Trailer System.

concept.jpg start.jpg approx where it will sit.jpg bent axle.jpg shaping.jpg traile base.jpg Addded the hitch coupler.jpg re-enforcement.jpg size comparision.jpg added leafs and started the frame.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevor_JK12

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winnipeg, MB Canada
Member #

I could only post 10 in the above thread, so here is the rest of the bulk build pictures so far. More to come in the next few months as we get deep in to the details of the build since the trailer frame is complete.

20150918_110546_zpsq0bckzvs.jpg 20150918_110558_zpsdy4gnqv5.jpg 20150918_131907_zpslrnuyamv.jpg 20150919_141058_zpsgqskoqe6.jpg 20150919_141310_zpsuxcnnl9t.jpg MONSTER.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
E

expeditionnorth

looks impressive, solid & heavy
my only comment is why didnt you run the tongue tube through the frame a bit more?
I like how that axle has additional center height clearance

Trevor_JK12

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winnipeg, MB Canada
Member #

The decision was made to use the small upper section as a space for a low profile 10gal grey water tank and the space behind was to be used as a 38gal fresh water tank. We didnt want to sacrafice space inside ao we are build 1/8" skids and haveing them re-enforce the floor structure. Its a super solid frame however we managed to keep the weight down. The frame as it sits on wheels in the last pic is under 200lbs with the wheels.

E

expeditionnorth

OK understandable
any plans to run some supports off the tongue arm at 45 degrees then ?

E

expeditionnorth

keep up the excellent work, cant wait to see this beast rolling