SOLD Taxa Tiger Moth Camper

• HTML tutorial

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
We are selling our Taxa Tiger Moth camper. This is similar to a teardrop style camper, but the interior bed converts into a bench style seat and you can move around a little more than a typical teardrop. There is storage under the front seats and in the tongue box. There are several platforms - located on the front, side, and top, that can hold a variety of items (I believe the top platform is rated to 250lbs.). There is a track system on top that works with either Thule, or Yakima, rack systems. There is a gerry can holder on the back with a water can, and a pull out galley/storage compartment. Included is also a 4' ARB awning and drop down bug screens for both doors. It has electric brakes with 7 pin connector. LED lighting. Has interior 12volt, USB, and electrical outlets, as well as, an exterior 12volt outlet and plug in for solar power.

The trailer is light, around 1000 lbs., and can be easily pulled by just about any kind of vehicle, as well as being very easy to move around in the garage by one person. One of the best things is the ability to fit into the garage so keep it stocked and just hook up and go right from home. At 12' long (from hitch to the back) it also doesn't take up a lot of room once inside. The unit can be plugged into shore power, or run off of the battery (easily a week or more running off battery depending on how much power you use).

This has been a great trailer for us. It fits in most any campsite easily. RVTrader has these listed anywhere from $17,000-$24,000 (before you factor in fees and taxes). I'm asking $11,750.00

IMG_6026 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

50681708677__477D494F-45E2-4340-BBD4-91AACB074613 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Just a pic from our trip to the Oregon Coast
IMG_6549 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Respond by text, call phone 775-223-1947, or e-mail roubaixfan@charter.net Thanks John

Last edited:

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
I've had a few questions about the Tiger Moth. Here is one of the better Youtube videos on the camper
Additionally, people have asked how durable this camper actually is. I've never had any issues in the places I've gone. The owner/designer of the unit was a NASA engineer, and the quality of the materials it top notch. I found some Instagram postings by a couple traveling in their Tiger Moth. If you can access Instagram do a search for badlandsexpeditions I think he did an alteration to the tongue and is using a more aggressive tire, but their trailer is the same model as mine.

Reactions: T.Shack

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
Some additional photographs.

4' ARB Awning
IMG_7745 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Interior - the "couch" slides out to make it into a slightly smaller than queen sized bed.
IMG_7749 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

A couple images of the bungie system we use to hold things like sleeping bags (when we're using it every day), or clothing, etc.
IMG_7750 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

IMG_7753 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

These are the storage areas underneath the front part of the seating area - the "box" contains the battery.
IMG_7752 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Back. Rear door, water can and holder, and the pull out galley.
IMG_7754 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

IMG_7755 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

The galley open. The compartments can be adjusted to some degree as they are slotted and can be made to fit your particular needs. The second pic shows how the top cover of the galley can be set up to hold a stove for convenient cooking.
IMG_7756 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

IMG_7757 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
Are you making any trips more east anytime?
Not at this time. I’d say a few hundred miles, or what I could do round trip in a day, would be my limit.

We bought it through a dealer in the Midwest and had it shipped. It’s small enough they were able to make room for it on a flatbed with some other stuff so the cost was very reasonable for us at the time.

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
I had a few questions posed about the electric brakes on the camper as this is not something found on the Tiger Moth. When we purchased the unit, the Taxa website listed electric brakes as one of the included items; however, when we received the trailer we discovered no electric brakes. We spoke with the Western rep for the company and learned it had been one item they were going to do, but it had been shelved due to the light weight of the camper. They agreed to have brakes installed since it was a listed item. A local company did the installation, and in my opinion, it made a difference even though it is light.

Here is a shot of the controller mounted on the tongue box.
IMG_7759 by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

One of the things I forgot was the Yakima cross bars and feet are included in the sale. The track system installed on the roof can be used with the Thule system as well.

In some of the newer informational videos they show how a RTT can be mounted on top of the Tiger Moth using the Yakima system and the front rack so you could make a separate sleeping area from the "living room". Here is a Youtube link that shows images of a Tepui tent on top.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Cool little trailer I'm sure you will be able to sell it quick.

Crookster

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Herriman, Utah
Member #

How does it do on the trails? I've been looking for a small, capable, trailer for awhile but haven't found many off road reviews on the Taxa's.

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
How does it do on the trails? I've been looking for a small, capable, trailer for awhile but haven't found many off road reviews on the Taxa's.
We've had it down some fire roads - basic rocks, holes, dips, and off cambers - and it's always tracked right along. There is quite a bit of clearance - about 13-14" - at the axle, and with the trailer being so short I think it could go quite a few places with ease. Right now it has 215/75/15s. I saw one fitted with a BFG AT2 with 225/75/15, and my plan was to go to these once I wore out the tires it came with. The quality of the parts and materials is top notch so I don't think this trailer would ever let you down.

Reactions: Crookster

Crookster

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Herriman, Utah
Member #

Awesome, sounds like a good fit for us but I need to sell a rig first to make room in the garage (and the budget). I'll keep an eye on this thread but to echo Kent I'm sure it'll sell quick! Great looking trailer.

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
Awesome, sounds like a good fit for us but I need to sell a rig first to make room in the garage (and the budget). I'll keep an eye on this thread but to echo Kent I'm sure it'll sell quick! Great looking trailer.
Thanks. This is one of those trailers that sets up in minutes, doesn't have to be "winterized" , and fits just about anywhere you might end up.