Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Hey Dave,
I loved your concept so much I built my own to suit my new lc200 - haven’t finished it yet but love it os far !
I order the rotopax cap / hose and external pump from you this week cant wait to get them !!!
Your concept works in the cruiser without removing the back seats I just had to make the cutlery draw and pantry 500 mm long each MAX (actually about 490mm for 1 and 500 for the other) and i used 4 pairs of sliders for the draw system.
1 meter for main slide 2 x 300 ( 1 pair at the rear non lockable and front lockable) and 1 500mm 125 kg (the others are all 225kg runners)
Thanks for sharing your details they helped me heaps
Is that an espresso machine? If so ill have to figure something out for ours

Reactions: PapaDave

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Yes they work great! Now we order 10 at a time and they still come fast!

100ideas

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Last Name
Ideas
Hi all, and especially Hi and Thanks to @PapaDave for sharing this great design.

Back in summer 2020 my wife and I bought a new subaru outback and started kitting it out for dispersed camping and overlanding so we could travel cross-country during the pandemic while avoiding hotels and exploring nature.

I was inpsired by the pullkitchen concept devloped and documented by PapaDave here. I really liked the nested design but couldn't find any vendors offering similar products that would fit in the slightly-shorter-than-a-forerunner-cargo-space of an outback... and/or be less than $2k off-the-shelf. So I put together a design of my own. I've been meaning to share my work for a while now and haven't done a proper job yet of putting together the resources I'd like to share. So here goes, I can elaborate if there's interest.

Tried my best to design everything in CAD (autodesk fusion) parametrically so the framework can be customized to other dimensions relatively easily. In the spirit of PapaDave's openness about his work, I am sharing all my work free and foss, if anyone wants it.

In retrospect, getting all the barstock square so that the sliders of the drawer-inside-a-drawer wouldn't bind was pretty tricky with the basic tools I had access to. If anyone attempts to buld something similar, consider doing what papadave did and getting lengths of 80/20 tubing cut and shipped from a pro suppler - then all the ends and sides will be nicely perpendicular and easy to square-up.

If you want to see the v1 cad model or download it, here's a link: Fusion

And here's a link to design and fabrication photos I put together as I built mine: pull kitchen

I recently shared some photos of the design and build process on instagram:
- CAD - Parametric Blueprints: - fab 1: - fab 2: - fab 3:
lastly, @PapaDave, I described my adaptation as a "diy pullkitchen" on instagram... if you would prefer me to not use pullkitchen in the project, just let me know, happy to respect your name and products. Thanks again!

Attachments

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hi all, and especially Hi and Thanks to @PapaDave for sharing this great design.

Back in summer 2020 my wife and I bought a new subaru outback and started kitting it out for dispersed camping and overlanding so we could travel cross-country during the pandemic while avoiding hotels and exploring nature.

I was inpsired by the pullkitchen concept devloped and documented by PapaDave here. I really liked the nested design but couldn't find any vendors offering similar products that would fit in the slightly-shorter-than-a-forerunner-cargo-space of an outback... and/or be less than $2k off-the-shelf. So I put together a design of my own. I've been meaning to share my work for a while now and haven't done a proper job yet of putting together the resources I'd like to share. So here goes, I can elaborate if there's interest.

Tried my best to design everything in CAD (autodesk fusion) parametrically so the framework can be customized to other dimensions relatively easily. In the spirit of PapaDave's openness about his work, I am sharing all my work free and foss, if anyone wants it.

In retrospect, getting all the barstock square so that the sliders of the drawer-inside-a-drawer wouldn't bind was pretty tricky with the basic tools I had access to. If anyone attempts to buld something similar, consider doing what papadave did and getting lengths of 80/20 tubing cut and shipped from a pro suppler - then all the ends and sides will be nicely perpendicular and easy to square-up.

And here's a link to design and fabrication photos I put together as I built mine: pull kitchen

lastly, @PapaDave, I described my adaptation as a "diy pullkitchen" on instagram... if you would prefer me to not use pullkitchen in the project, just let me know, happy to respect your name and products. Thanks again!
looks like a solid plan. Great design, can't wait to see it fully built

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Nice work! It looks like a functional design and I’m glad PullKitchen was a part of your inspiration! It looks like you made some nice design implementations for your rig! Love it

Reactions: Kozysnack

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thanks PapaDave! I learned the hard way why I should pay for 80/20 next time :)
It isn’t cheap but it can be easier for construction. But like anything there’s always trade offs! Again Nice work

DANNER

Rank III

Traveler III

Sunnyvale, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Dizaster
Member #

Hey Dave, Been following this thread for a bit and I'm impressed with your design and commitment to turning it into a productk

I've been wondering: Before you built the 80/20 pull kitchen that served as the prototype for the current product, it looks like you had built a pretty nice wooden slide out kitchen. What made you decide to scrap it an start over with 80/20? I know most the general advantages of using 80/20 over wood (easier construction, lighter weight, etc.), but they don't seem like enough on their own to just start over.

Was the design of your first kitchen impractical? Or was there something about wood that just made it a poor choice of materials for this sort of thing?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Dave, Been following this thread for a bit and I'm impressed with your design and commitment to turning it into a productk

I've been wondering: Before you built the 80/20 pull kitchen that served as the prototype for the current product, it looks like you had built a pretty nice wooden slide out kitchen. What made you decide to scrap it an start over with 80/20? I know most the general advantages of using 80/20 over wood (easier construction, lighter weight, etc.), but they don't seem like enough on their own to just start over.

Was the design of your first kitchen impractical? Or was there something about wood that just made it a poor choice of materials for this sort of thing?
Water

The first kitchen didn’t have water and my buddy @DocTaco made an ingenious water solution that sparked my brain. He used a small tool box and put a pump in it with a faucet and switch that he plumbed to an aquatainer that worked great. Easy to pack up and place on his tailgate to wash dishes, hands, or have his kids brush their teeth. Once I saw how nice a little water was I thought about doing something similar but kinda got carried away. From there a PullKitchen was birthed from my Oreo-soaked brain. :laughing:

80/20 is more durable loading in and out often as both the original plywood kitchen and PullKitchens were designed to go in and out of vehicles quickly and easily. Good question!

Last edited:
Reactions: Boort and DANNER

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Last edited:

Boomer82

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma
So funny story… I was talking to a girl today about an overland trailer she had for sale and told her I was going to build a pull out kitchen for whichever one I bought. To which she replied, “I wanted to put this one into it but we never get to go anymore” and sends a picture of your red prototype. I laughed and said, I know who designed that and it’s exactly what I was referring to when I said I was going to build one myself. I had no idea you had finally started selling them! Haha good for you brother! If I hadn’t already paid an arm and a leg for the dometic sink/stove insert and the drawer slides I’d prob buy one of yours! Hahaha

Contributor I

Sydney NSW, Australia
First Name
Asher
Last Name
Fawcus
Hey Dave, G’day from down under, I know this is an old thread, I watched the YT video and loved the concept. I was looking into the extruded aluminium or aluminum as you guys call it and they make gantry’s for them in use for cnc machines. Do you think they would work well for draws? I was thinking it would make it so flush as you can run them inside and outside of C channels. Problem would be locking them into place etc.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Dave, G’day from down under, I know this is an old thread, I watched the YT video and loved the concept. I was looking into the extruded aluminium or aluminum as you guys call it and they make gantry’s for them in use for cnc machines. Do you think they would work well for draws? I was thinking it would make it so flush as you can run them inside and outside of C channels. Problem would be locking them into place etc.
Yeah I think that could work depending on your tolerances with the C channel, and a slam latch or spring bolt might work depending upon your application. If you build it post a photo here, I’d love to see it

Last edited:
Reactions: NarcolepticBushman

FourInTheTacoOB19

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Billerica, MA, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Truly amazing, I remember the 1st build, and then saw the 2nd iteration; I'd like to talk to you guys about a build for our overland trailer. Great work! Really nice!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
SO what is the fellow OB member price, this is a product everyone can use!

Great job.....

Jim