Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Well unfortunately the company is no longer producing PullKitchens so you’d have to DIY it based off the info here.

• Sad
Reactions: Boort

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Well unfortunately the company is no longer producing PullKitchens so you’d have to DIY it based off the info here.
Sorry to hear that! I thought it was one of the best (if not the best) kitchen on the market. I hope the best for you!
Yeah, I would agree. I have seen a lot of kitchens at Sema events and Overland Expo and I definitely like ours the best. It’s just not easy to manufacture in the United States, and make it affordable enough with a quality that people want.

HaVeeBear

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL
Yeah, I would agree. I have seen a lot of kitchens at Sema events and Overland Expo and I definitely like ours the best. It’s just not easy to manufacture in the United States, and make it affordable enough with a quality that people want.
Ah, I understand. Is it labor or supply chain?... maybe a kit? People can put in their own labor....labor can be an expensive piece in the US.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Ah, I understand. Is it labor or supply chain?... maybe a kit? People can put in their own labor....labor can be an expensive piece in the US.
It was all of the above. But wow it was a fun ride! Overland Expo 2021, SEMA 21 on the Ford stage, and getting to know so many amazing customers

johnthesmurph

Rank I

Contributor II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Murphey

Thanks for all the inspiration in this thread. Due to all the work you shared, I scrapped v4 of my kitchen build, and went all-in on an aluminum extruded version, inspired by yours. Got it mounted in my truck yesterday. Still have a lot of little tweaks to do, but its getting there.

PXL_20230417_023629280.jpg
PXL_20230417_230337006.jpg

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Thanks for all the inspiration in this thread. Due to all the work you shared, I scrapped v4 of my kitchen build, and went all-in on an aluminum extruded version, inspired by yours. Got it mounted in my truck yesterday. Still have a lot of little tweaks to do, but its getting there.

View attachment 255656
View attachment 255657
Now that is rad!! I love it! Especially incorporating the fridge in the rear, really cool design!

Reactions: Blu12T

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Now that is rad!! I love it! Especially incorporating the fridge in the rear, really cool design!
Yeah, working with a short bed midsized truck, but wanting to keep it all in-line, I had to incorporate it into the slide. It actually lands in a great spot, where my kids can reach it easier, with a little step stool.
That’s really cool! Thanks for sharing your work!!

OcenGuard

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Jensen Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Whitcomb
I just rewatched the original and 2.0 from a couple of years ago. John you did a great job! I as well like the fridge addition. I am just starting a E350 buildout and this would work perfectly for what i was thinking. I would have this under the bed and pull the rear of the van. I could also have the fridge on sliders to be able to pull from inside the van.
Is there any way i could get a rough draft of sizes and go from there off of your build? I didn't read all 18 pages on this forum topic so was there any list of what parts were included, Dave? or, John?
anything would be great. Thanks again, Grant

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I just rewatched the original and 2.0 from a couple of years ago. John you did a great job! I as well like the fridge addition. I am just starting a E350 buildout and this would work perfectly for what i was thinking. I would have this under the bed and pull the rear of the van. I could also have the fridge on sliders to be able to pull from inside the van.
Is there any way i could get a rough draft of sizes and go from there off of your build? I didn't read all 18 pages on this forum topic so was there any list of what parts were included, Dave? or, John?
What I have are those “blueprints” on the first couple of posts. My suggestion is figure out the minimum required for whatever sink/burner units you want to use and build around that. Whether the sink and burner are separate or integrated together like the Dometic 9722 I used. The depth of a sink (if you have one) with a drain can affect how tall a design can be in its minimum space requirements. Or how wide or deep.

Once you have that unit(s) figured out you can begin building the rest!

Dave

Btw I’m big on workflow so think through your truck and how you’d like to interact or use it multiple times a day. I use my PullKitchen more often than my roof top tent, though I sleep in my tent for 7 hours. So the work flow for both are different and factor into how they are designed.

Reactions: KrashEd and Blu12T

OcenGuard

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Jensen Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Whitcomb
What I have are those “blueprints” on the first couple of posts. My suggestion is figure out the minimum required for whatever sink/burner units you want to use and build around that. Whether the sink and burner are separate or integrated together like the Dometic 9722 I used. The depth of a sink (if you have one) with a drain can affect how tall a design can be in its minimum space requirements. Or how wide or deep.

Once you have that unit(s) figured out you can begin building the rest!

Dave

Btw I’m big on workflow so think through your truck and how you’d like to interact or use it multiple times a day. I use my PullKitchen more often than my roof top tent, though I sleep in my tent for 7 hours. So the work flow for both are different and factor into how they are designed.
Thank you very much. As this is my first build, I want to try to minimize mistakes but at the same time try to keep the cist from running away from my budget.
I will look for the blueprint. You said it is in the beging of this post? Or another post on the pullout kitchen?
I have been a member for 3 years following on here and im finally at the go stage. I just recently stumbled on a 2014 Ford e350 super duty passenger van EB with a Quadvan 4x4 conversion with 33,000 miles in very clean condition. I jumped on that as it has been the vehical iv had decided i wanted a couple of years ago.
Thanks again for the advice

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I see the design pages aren’t there anymore. This is all I worked off of. For extrusions Tnutz is a good choice, items you can’t find there try 8020.com, and have them cut and tap. It will save years off your life

Attachments

Reactions: KrashEd and Boort

kowbra

Rank I

Contributor III

AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Kowerchuk
@PapaDave - so sorry the numbers didn't work out to keep building these; your work and your designs are brilliant and inspiring!
I posted way back on how you inspired me to build a variation of the PullKitchen for my 5th wheel and it has worked out exactly as I wanted. I don't know anywhere else where I could find where someone had shared so openly that I could take the design framework and modify it to meet my - very different - needs. My wife and I now live in our 5th wheel RV several months during the year, and the outdoor kitchen allows us to cook and host up to 20 people at a time; there is no other outdoor kitchen on any RV that has the capability that we have, and all due to the inspiration of the PullKitchen 2.0.

For anyone else contemplating building a sliding kitchen, even something quite different, I would share this - what Dave has shared is enough to get started and then some. But you will need to experiment, you will likely have several designs before you get it right, and you will likely assemble and reassemble more than you think before you're finished. But, I also am confident that with some careful planning and a bit of perseverance that anyone can get an amazing result using the principles Dave has shared... I did and I have no background in metal work or design or manufacturing at all, and only a few basic woodworking tools. It is possible, and I do hope this thread can continue to inspire many more builders.

Thanks again Dave!

Brad

Reactions: PapaDave and Boort

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
@PapaDave - so sorry the numbers didn't work out to keep building these; your work and your designs are brilliant and inspiring!
I posted way back on how you inspired me to build a variation of the PullKitchen for my 5th wheel and it has worked out exactly as I wanted. I don't know anywhere else where I could find where someone had shared so openly that I could take the design framework and modify it to meet my - very different - needs. My wife and I now live in our 5th wheel RV several months during the year, and the outdoor kitchen allows us to cook and host up to 20 people at a time; there is no other outdoor kitchen on any RV that has the capability that we have, and all due to the inspiration of the PullKitchen 2.0.

For anyone else contemplating building a sliding kitchen, even something quite different, I would share this - what Dave has shared is enough to get started and then some. But you will need to experiment, you will likely have several designs before you get it right, and you will likely assemble and reassemble more than you think before you're finished. But, I also am confident that with some careful planning and a bit of perseverance that anyone can get an amazing result using the principles Dave has shared... I did and I have no background in metal work or design or manufacturing at all, and only a few basic woodworking tools. It is possible, and I do hope this thread can continue to inspire many more builders.

Thanks again Dave!

Brad
Glad to hear your design is meeting your needs! Remind me what it looks like, got any photos?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Reactions: kowbra