Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
4 years ago I bought this Suzuki, with 176.000 kilometers on it. Since then I have done roughly 40.000 holiday travel kilometers.

Great vehicle, really enjoying it. It’s just big enough to sleep in, and quite comfortable to drive.

Would be interested to see if anyone else uses a XL7 for overlanding.

1706049830262.jpeg

1706049883968.jpeg

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
Nice little rig!

I used to drive a Samurai but have since moved to larger vehicles. I've always liked the Suzuki vehicles but finding a 4WD version near me is difficult.

I still have the Samurai but I don't drive it as much as I used to.

1706104920914.png

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
4 years ago I bought this Suzuki, with 176.000 kilometers on it. Since then I have done roughly 40.000 holiday travel kilometers.

Great vehicle, really enjoying it. It’s just big enough to sleep in, and quite comfortable to drive.

Would be interested to see if anyone else uses a XL7 for overlanding.

View attachment 272722

View attachment 272724
That is a nice little rig. Some years ago we met some guys from Belgium in Central Asia with a Vitara, seems to be quite reliable. Are you sleeping inside and what is stored in these tubes on the rack? Enjoy your trips with it.

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Yes, I sleep inside the vehicle, as I travel solo this is quite doable. With the passenger seat and the 2nd row seats removed there is enough space. I built a sleeping platform with storage space underneath.

The tubes are 125 mm in diameter, inside are 110 mm tubes which slide backward just under 2 metres. Inside the inner tubes are 32 mm tubes, which are inserted transversely into holes in the 125 and 110 mm tubes. This creates a frame to which a tarp can be attached. As the picture shows, it is a goofy set-up, but it's functional, fairly storm-proof and cost effective.

DSC00103.JPG

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yes, I sleep inside the vehicle, as I travel solo this is quite doable. With the passenger seat and the 2nd row seats removed there is enough space. I built a sleeping platform with storage space underneath.

The tubes are 125 mm in diameter, inside are 110 mm tubes which slide backward just under 2 metres. Inside the inner tubes are 32 mm tubes, which are inserted transversely into holes in the 125 and 110 mm tubes. This creates a frame to which a tarp can be attached. As the picture shows, it is a goofy set-up, but it's functional, fairly storm-proof and cost effective.

View attachment 272955
Thanks for the insight. That's an interesting setup with the tarp.