Suggestions BESF & Surrounding Areas

• HTML tutorial

Joeguyzxj

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Hello all , My Name is Joe I am looking for drivable trails out side of the Bald Eagle State Forest or suggestions on good areas to explore North of I80 (towards TIADAGHTON STATE FOREST / SPROUL STATE FOREST Or LOYALSOCK STATE FOREST) This will be a week long trip starting out in BESF, Camping 2 nights each stop at dispersed camp sites and any help to make this trip go smoothly is greatly appreciated , Thank you in advance Joe

Reactions: DevilDodge

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I may know a thing or two about that area.

Search my name and you will see a few posts about the area.

Purple Lizard Maps have a Pine Creek map that has Tioga and Tiadaghton on it, and the east side of Sproul. The Moshannon map has the west side. I affectionately call the area in between, THE GAP. And they have a map for Loyalsock.

Read some of my post and let me know any questions. I would be glad to help.

Reactions: JeepingMike

Joeguyzxj

Rank II

Enthusiast I

DevilDodge I will start by reading some of your post , I do have a BESF purple lizard map, But on first trip out last year I figured out that Onyx worked well for me and best way to find things was to drive and mark trails not highlighted on onyx. I am sure I’ll be in touch shortly with some questions after reading your post , Thanks for letting me know where to start looking ! Joe