Suding
Member #

Username: Sudingusnavy
Year: 2011
Make: NISSAN
Model: FRONTIER
Trim: PRO4X
Color: WHITE

Interior: 4x4 S-pod, ARB Twin Air Compressor, WeatherTech floor mats, InsainFab ABR Fridge Mount, InsainFab Molly Door Panels, 500W Inverter, cobra 29lx CB w/ Magnet Mic Holder, cabin LED lights, Raingler Interior Roof Net, Ram Mount for iPhone, Ram Mount for GPS and Bofang Radio, Raingler headrest handles.

Exterior: Poison Spyder Hood Louver, Q9000lb Quadratech winch synthetic line w/ Factor-55 Prolink and Poison Spyder fairlead, Rigid ind. fog lights, License plate on Tail Gate, LEDs in Tail Gate, Custom Bed Rack for Tire and HiLift, Rotopax in bed on custom mount, Rago Fab Bed Stiffeners, Axle and Shovel mounted in bed with Quick fist mounts, Terrain 4wd tacoma Light/CB antenna Tail gate bed mount, undercarriage LED rock lights, Softopper.

Drivetrain: Yukon 4.88 gears front and rear, 99-04 Ford F250 Dana 60 w/ Yukon Zip Locker, Spyntec Free Spin Hub Conversion with Jk tone ring count w/ 35 spline outers, Yukon Hardcore Locking Hubs, Tom Woods Drive 1310 CV Front DS, Tom Woods 1350 Flange CV rear DS to 1410, 2010 f350 Sterling 10.5 with Yukon Grizzly Locker, Artec Ind. JK ABS tone ring kit, PRG Motor Mounts, PRG Trans Mount.

Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Tires: Custom Leaf Sprung SAS kit w/ Alcan Leaf Springs, Fox 2.0 remote res shocks, RuffStuff Shackles, Trail Gear 12in Shock Towers, Trail Gear Tacoma Steering Box with Ram Assist, 1.5 in Red Neck Ram 8in stroke, PSC sr146 reservoir, Weaver High Steer on Passenger side, Ruffstuff GM 1 ton steering kit, Wide Open Design 2in. Aluminum Tie Rod, Sky Man. Pitman Arm, Custom SS brake lines, 2004 F250 Front Brakes, 2010 F350 Rear Brakes, Fat Bobs Brake Booster kit, custom Alcan 6in. leaf pack+500lb load, PRG Adj. shackles, Fox 2.0 remote res shocks, Ruffstuff lower shock mounts w/ relocated upper shock mounts, 17in steel wheels, 37x12.5r17 ProComp MT's.

Armor: Hefty Fabworks full under body skids modified, Hefty front winch bumper, custom radiator skid , custom rear bumper, Shrockworks sliders, Ruffstuff front diff cover, Solid rear diff cover, Customized Ironman4x4fab LLC Hydro Assist Steering Skid, Artec Apex Truss.

Performance: JBA Shorty Headers, BullyDog Tuner w/ Ram Mount on pillar, Kool Vue/ Volant CAI hybrid, Airflow snorkel, Helix TBS, XTP IMS, Prerunner B-Pipes, Custom exhaust w/ Bullet performance resonator & muffler, Odyssey Battery.

In Progress: Trail Gear Creeper Lock wheels w/ 40x13.50r17 Cooper Mud terrains tires. To big to list right now but, I'm sure the list will never end!

Brand new first day out, hadn't even purchased it yet "Test Drive"

After almost 10 years this is how she sits:

120581819_3654965184522263_8606474349154467001_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilo Sierra

Sudingusnavy

Rank III

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, Texas
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Suding
Member #

Sudingusnavy

Rank III

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, Texas
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Suding
Member #

Good looking truck! Damn. Makes me wish I didn't have an IFS on my Ranger. :(
My frontier was IFS for years and did some awesome stuff with it. I broke some stuff on the Rubicon and looked at the cost comparison. I was going to spend about the same amount to fix the IFS then to do the SAS. Also, the SAS was something to do while living in the middle of no where. lol

Reactions: GLOCKer

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
My frontier was IFS for years and did some awesome stuff with it. I broke some stuff on the Rubicon and looked at the cost comparison. I was going to spend about the same amount to fix the IFS then to do the SAS. Also, the SAS was something to do while living in the middle of no where. lol
Maybe way, way, way down the road I'll go over to a stick axle. For now, my truck is too new and full of tech to wrap my head around that. LOL

Reactions: Sudingusnavy

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

That is a clean looking swap. I love the aggressive stance it ended up with. It’s gonna be a monster with 40s under it. Never played with a Nissan before. Is there a way to do a gear drop for the t-case? Or is that something you are even considering?

Sudingusnavy

Rank III

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, Texas
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Suding
Member #

That is a clean looking swap. I love the aggressive stance it ended up with. It’s gonna be a monster with 40s under it. Never played with a Nissan before. Is there a way to do a gear drop for the t-case? Or is that something you are even considering?
Thanks! The swap is one off and was a learning process for sure. The beadlocks and 40s will make it a little wider, should looks pretty rad. There are not many SAS 2nd generation Nissan frontiers or Xterras. We do not have a big aftermarket so they are not as appealing.

There was the option to do an Atlas t-case at one point but they no longer produce the input shaft. There is talk of them doing another run of them. I hope so cause I need the gearing! lol! Another company called All Dogs is trying to design a new gear set for the stock case to get it to 3.528:1 instead of the 2.625:1. The 1st generation Nissan you can go with an atlas or a gear set in the stock case.