Manteca, CA
First Name
Parker
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PWL
Rig is a 2017 DCLB Tacoma TRD OR. I've got a Super Pacific wedge camper on it and I love the damn thing!

Here's the hitch, just finished a week long exploration of the Lost Coast with my girlfriend and her 2 kids. We slept up top, and the kids slept in the bed on another air mattress on top of my in-bed drawer system. Before it was 4 of us, and I was solo exploring, I had a 10gal water tank I just ratchet strapped to the bed wall and ran a line to a pressure sensitive pump and a switch.

I'm looking to see what anyone has done for underbed mounts of water tanks, specifically where the spare goes. I've got a swing out bumper coming so that'll handle my spare tire needs.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I'm in the early stages of a tank build between the frame rails. Using 6" PVC with stainless steel "anti-slosh" screens between couplings and Tee. Figures to 35 gallons. All the weight down low.
I'm using the onboard air (with reservoir tank) to pressurize the water tank. That way I don't need an additional pump - have the air anyway.

-Dan

Reactions: SeekingSolace

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
Ironman 4x4 has a 13 gal tank that is quite thin and broad. Like 3.5" thick and 36x47 or so. Might be able to find a place for that.

SeekingSolace

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Burnet, TX, USA
First Name
TimMichelle
Last Name
Malant
Member #

I'm in the early stages of a tank build between the frame rails. Using 6" PVC with stainless steel "anti-slosh" screens between couplings and Tee. Figures to 35 gallons. All the weight down low.
I'm using the onboard air (with reservoir tank) to pressurize the water tank. That way I don't need an additional pump - have the air anyway.

-Dan
We'd love to see your plans, also working on an idea for a PVC setup.

Reactions: waterfield

Shakes355

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I don't personally own one, but the product option is the "Trail'd 6 Gal 'Spare' tank". Bit spendy for me, but I figured it's worth sharing just in case.

Edit- looks like price is for 2 and you can hang up to 3 at a time for a total of 18 Gal.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I would talk to Ryan Herco Fluid control or a like company in you area. they deal with this stuff all the time.

Reactions: waterfield

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
I don't personally own one, but the product option is the "Trail'd 6 Gal 'Spare' tank". Bit spendy for me, but I figured it's worth sharing just in case.

Edit- looks like price is for 2 and you can hang up to 3 at a time for a total of 18 Gal.
That thing is pretty sweet! Way pricey but nice way to store stuff out of the way. May be a pain to take in and out but worth a look.

waterfield

Rank IV
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Manteca, CA
First Name
Parker
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PWL
I would talk to Ryan Herco Fluid control or a like company in you area. they deal with this stuff all the time.
I'll take a look! Thanks for the tip

waterfield

Rank IV
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Manteca, CA
First Name
Parker
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PWL

Ok that's just sick, pricey at first glance but I'll put it on the list of options. I love the idea a ton!

Reactions: Shakes355

waterfield

Rank IV
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Manteca, CA
First Name
Parker
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6PWL

-Dan
Definitely also interested in seeing the plans or progress pictures. Sidenote: I grew up in Swannanoa so I know the area you're at better than where I actually live now lol