Stolen Overland Vehicle

• HTML tutorial

Hector G Mendoza

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kailua-Kona, HI, USA
Member #

Good Morning Friends, I'm member #15778. This past weekend my overland vehicle was stolen near SeaTac Airport. The thieves new what they were doing, they left no trace at the crime scene. My rig is a 2003 White Ford E350 4x4 with a fiberglass top. I have included a pic. If you spot my Rig, please contact the Police and inform them. During these difficult time, thieves are getting bolder and more desperate. Be cautious where you park or leave your rig. Thank you.IMG_1744.JPG

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

So what do you think happened to it? I can't imagine its been shipped out of Hawaii. Is that a popular model there? I know last time I was on the big island methamphetamine was really popular amongst the locals maybe that has something to do with it.

Start checking the beaches on good surf days id bet some tweeker surfer has it. Unless chop shops are super popular there and alot of ford f250 and 350s are running around.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Years ago my 03 Silverado was stolen while on an out of state trip over the Christmas holiday. Same deal, without any evidence. Talk about a kick in the nuts.

It's just not a possession, it is blood sweat and tears building it and capability lost.

Thieves suck. Especially the professionals. They have a special place in hell I like to think.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

So what do you think happened to it? I can't imagine its been shipped out of Hawaii. Is that a popular model there? I know last time I was on the big island methamphetamine was really popular amongst the locals maybe that has something to do with it.

Start checking the beaches on good surf days id bet some tweeker surfer has it. Unless chop shops are super popular there and alot of ford f250 and 350s are running around.
He said it was stolen near SEA-TAC, that is between Seattle and Tacoma in Washington State. So, its not likely is Hawaii.

I live on the East side of Washington, lots of Overland rigs come through here, I will keep my eyes open.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Good Morning Friends, I'm member #15778. This past weekend my overland vehicle was stolen near SeaTac Airport. The thieves new what they were doing, they left no trace at the crime scene. My rig is a 2003 White Ford E350 4x4 with a fiberglass top. I have included a pic. If you spot my Rig, please contact the Police and inform them. During these difficult time, thieves are getting bolder and more desperate. Be cautious where you park or leave your rig. Thank you.View attachment 174389
i will keep my eyes open... if they headed East, they almost have to squeak by me.

Logansrun01

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield, Kern County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Good Morning Friends, I'm member #15778. This past weekend my overland vehicle was stolen near SeaTac Airport. The thieves new what they were doing, they left no trace at the crime scene. My rig is a 2003 White Ford E350 4x4 with a fiberglass top. I have included a pic. If you spot my Rig, please contact the Police and inform them. During these difficult time, thieves are getting bolder and more desperate. Be cautious where you park or leave your rig. Thank you.View attachment 174389
I am in Calif if they head south I will be looking for it. Its hard to deal with

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Watching on Seattle’s East side.
Can you provide more identifying info?

Logansrun01

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield, Kern County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Not sure if it's my phone but the pic wont load of your rig. Hope I can load it one way or another.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I would be interested to know what type settings people are having theft and other similar problems while out recreating. I generally feel more secure the further I am from crowded areas. I mean the odds go down at least.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have Onstar on my truck and it can track and disable the truck from a remote location. Stat tracking devices are cheap but have a monthly subscription charge. Can give minute by minute location info.

I see 1 or 2 local posts on stolen rigs every week around Orygun.

Enthusiast I

İstanbul, Turkey
First Name
konstantine
Last Name
jaquavis
Good Morning Friends, I'm member #15778. This past weekend my overland vehicle was stolen near SeaTac Airport. The thieves new what they were doing, they left no trace at the crime scene. My rig is a 2003 White Ford E350 4x4 with a fiberglass top. I have included a pic. If you spot my Rig, please contact the Police and inform them. During these difficult time, thieves are getting bolder and more desperate. Be cautious where you park or leave your rig. Thank you.
Nox Vidmate VLC
It's just not a possession, it is blood sweat and tears building it and capability lost.

Last edited:

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Out of curiosity, is there extra insurance coverage you can get to protect at least the $$ invested ( I know the blood, sweat, and time can never be recovered, along with the swearing, frustration and trips to the hardware store)….Does anyone have extra coverage? Recommendations?

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Out of curiosity, is there extra insurance coverage you can get to protect at least the $$ invested ( I know the blood, sweat, and time can never be recovered, along with the swearing, frustration and trips to the hardware store)….Does anyone have extra coverage? Recommendations?
Insurance companies are always glad to take your money, make no mistake.

All you need to do is document all modifications and add-ons and provide them that documentation. Receipts of purchase, receipts of work done, pictures of the stuff installed. Or go to your local office and let them document it all as you point it all out.

You can be sure your premium will go up though, just so you know.

You may have to add whatever is not bolted or welded on, to your homeowners insurance policy instead, but again, they will want documentation.