Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
A quick note on stickers, when my brother had his car stolen the first thing the police asked him was what stickers he had on it. So they can be used as an identifier as well.
Come to think of it, since the Ford Escape and GMC Terrain are some of the most common rigs in my area I even use my stickers to identify my rigs sometimes, lol.

That said I have a few stickers on both my rigs. I'm not into the billboard thing, just few little guys that show people what I'm into.
Never thought about using stickers to identify my missing ride, not a bad idea, although most of our rigs tend to be fairly unique. So far I have not seen another 2000 WJ raptor lined to match the factory Sienna Pearl color..lol The JK though, take of the RTT and awning and it starts looking like a whole lot of other gray Jeeps... Hopfully my Overland Bound and NW Region sticker do not have to serve a higher purpose anytime soon.

Reactions: Shahn and Dilldog

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Never thought about using stickers to identify my missing ride, not a bad idea, although most of our rigs tend to be fairly unique. So far I have not seen another 2000 WJ raptor lined to match the factory Sienna Pearl color..lol The JK though, take of the RTT and awning and it starts looking like a whole lot of other gray Jeeps... Hopfully my Overland Bound and NW Region sticker do not have to serve a higher purpose anytime soon.
Yeah neither of my rigs are modified, for what I need them to do they are fine. About the only readily recognizable thing is my 2meter antenna mounted to the cowl of the Escape.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Speaking of stickers. I got one of those windshield decals with the website on it. Didn’t go as planned haha. The backing was sticking and it got all messed up. So I had to remove it. This is all that made it. Oh well.

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn and AggieOE

TRob

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Siesta Key, FL, USA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Roberts
Question: Stickers added to an overland rig should reflect the life of that rig or can the stickers reflect the life/travel of the rig owner before the owner bought the rig?
Whatever you want. I am personally only putting stickers on for trails that I have done with this Jeep. I know some people don't like them but I think they are pretty cool. Like tattoos of where the truck has been. I've had some good conversations with people reading the stickers who had an interest in one of more of the places. I have them on the roof top tent.

Reactions: Shahn and Coreymol

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

My rule? I only wear or show brands that pay me to do so, I refuse to advertise for companies for free, or worse to pay to advertise for them.

Not sure OP is talking about brands so much as locations - at least, that's how I read it.

If so, I was thinking about the same thing. I think the average bear just puts location stickers on the vehicle and if they junk it those are gone and they start fresh with the replacement vehicle.

Memories of previous, non-stickered locations was relegated to "slide show" status to bore your friends.

I thought about a plexi that I could put all stickers on, that can be displayed in a window of the truck cap, but it's notthe same.

I've been to so many places NOT represented on this truck, it would be a lot of unnecessary backfill work to put them all on it

So for me the stickers are where I went. WITH that vehicle

I've since added Cape Cod, Acadia and Cadillac Mountain to this collection

20210530_160630.jpg

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

I go with two methods, wherever the car has been or what it has done to it AND whatever makes me smile when I see it. So basically whatever lol
Inside the swing gate I have a few including places, parts, and even YouTubers I follow @Lifestyle Overland, @TrailRecon, and Venture4WD. I'm still planning on putting in a table eventually so my space is limited.

On the outside, I just run my Overland Bond badge and my bear sticker.

For the life of me though.... Yeti, Apple, and Monster stickers should not be allowed.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Sticker Rule #1: DONT put it on your vehicle if youre not willing to put it on you.

View attachment 234909
How long have you been holding onto that?
I run stickers, lots of them, of folk who support keeping trails open and organizations helping us keep this sport alive. Oh, and most of them cover scratches.

View attachment 238928
Yes, @Del Albright! Scratch covering is an excellent use, and supporting trail orgs is even better. Love it.

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
In terms of stickers, I tend not to put a whole lot on but there are a few from companies that I am an Ambassador of. On the body, I have graphics made from wrap which can help distinguish it in a crowd of vehicles but also in case, someone wanted to steal it. The last part is a true story with my other car, which is the sedan The law enforcement asked if there are distinguishing features on the car. I simply mentioned about my side decals. It helped to locate the vehicle easily.
295179202_580568230464644_1981830035596128058_n.jpg
DSC_3533.JPG

Other than that, do whatever makes you happy.

SwampFox

Rank II

Contributor III

Conyers, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Stevenson
My “where I’ve been” stickers are on the tool box inside. I do have some homemade decals on the outside. “I do my own stunts” with a Jeep on 2 wheels, “I like it dirty” on the back bumper - yes it gets some interesting reply’s, a SwampFox banner on the windshield where people typically put their Jeep club decal and a compass on the passenger side.