Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Wow! Among little projects/gear plans for my Jeep, I have been researching folding tables to mount on the rear door. After many situations that having a table there would have helped (i.e., cooking, setting out supplies, radio gear, etc...), this was one to accomplish before heading anywhere this year. I decided on the Springtail Solutions MPAC Rear Door Folding Table / MOLLE Rack and picked the combo with two (one large and one medium) bags. JKRD-FT-1 G2-2C-JK Rear Door Folding Tray/MOLLE Panel GEN 2

It arrived faster than I expected with current shipping delays, but happy to see the brown truck stop today. After work I opened the box, tried to contain the wonderful packing peanuts, and laid out the contents. The instructions were clear and included a youtube video link. Including reading the directions and watching the video, the installation took less than one hour. I did it solo, which was only a challenge while actually trying to screw the first screw into the door. The quality is spot on, no rattles or vibration, holds a decent quantity and weight, and is adjustable for leveling as needed. Over all I'm very happy with this KISS product and installation. For size reference I laid out a typical morning cooking setup, plenty of room! I'm not sure yet what my plan will be for the bags, spring repacking will address that, but since I'm downsizing my cook kit, it may be the answer. (Yes, the bags mount on the outside of the tray, not where I laid them out for size reference.)

20210323_171301a.jpg 20210323_171340a.jpg 20210323_171736a.jpg 20210323_172326a.jpg

Reactions: Viking1204