First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
24067962_1702243449847938_2862075207253538143_n.jpg

For those that are thinking about the Spring and Autumn Shows.
I have had a few chats with Tom the organiser regarding discount or free entry for Overland Bound Members attending. Sadly this is currently not possible as in the past groups getting discount has resulted in lots of mud slinging between groups that received discount and those that didn't to the point 2 groups actually stopped attending.
The upshot is we can receive free entry for the whole weekend if each member that receives free entry is willing to cover 2 hours marshalling on both Saturday and Sunday.
This can be checking wrist bands for day visitors etc and can be spread over an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon or all at once.
Whilst not ideal it will give you a saving of £99.00 minimum if you are camping for the whole weekend.
In addition I have been asked to give an hour long seminar on the incident when Angela required emergency surgery in Uzbekistan detailing dealing with Medical Insurance, Hospital Administration, Flights Repatriation, Embassy / Consulate support etc.
If anyone is interested in taking up the offer just give me your names and vehicle registrations and you will receive an overland bound members wrist band on arrival giving free access.
In the future shows I am hoping Overland Bound could attend as an exhibitor and receive the benefits associated with that and I will discuss further with OB HQ.
But for now this was the best Tom at AO would offer.
If you do take the offer it's also a good opportunity to promote Overland Bound and for us to get together and build our community.

I will also be looking at other shows to try and arrange similar and better deals.

Aaron Boyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Carlisle, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

View attachment 81843

I have had a few chats with Tom the organiser regarding discount or free entry for Overland Bound Members attending. Sadly this is currently not possible as in the past groups getting discount has resulted in lots of mud slinging between groups that received discount and those that didn't to the point 2 groups actually stopped attending.
The upshot is we can receive free entry for the whole weekend if each member that receives free entry is willing to cover 2 hours marshalling on both Saturday and Sunday.
This can be checking wrist bands for day visitors etc and can be spread over an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon or all at once.
Whilst not ideal it will give you a saving of £99.00 minimum if you are camping for the whole weekend.
In addition I have been asked to give an hour long seminar on the incident when Angela required emergency surgery in Uzbekistan detailing dealing with Medical Insurance, Hospital Administration, Flights Repatriation, Embassy / Consulate support etc.
If anyone is interested in taking up the offer just give me your names and vehicle registrations and you will receive an overland bound members wrist band on arrival giving free access.
In the future shows I am hoping Overland Bound could attend as an exhibitor and receive the benefits associated with that and I will discuss further with OB HQ.
If you do take the offer it's also a good opportunity to promote Overland Bound and for us to get together and build our community.

I will also be looking at other shows to try and arrange similar and better deals.
Having never been to the Adventure Overland Show, will definitely be coming along this year!
I suppose that's fair enough regarding entry discounts, all clubs are going to want the same treatment,
will hopefully see you there, will you be taking the 90?

Reactions: Stewart (Stu) Pirie

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Having never been to the Adventure Overland Show, will definitely be coming along this year!
I suppose that's fair enough regarding entry discounts, all clubs are going to want the same treatment,
will hopefully see you there, will you be taking the 90?
Yes let me know if you want to be added to the list for marshalling and free entry.
Absolutely will be taking the 90

mikedtmay

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dawlish, UK
First Name
Michael
Last Name
May
Member #

I'm interested but my defender not finish yet. I hope my defender 90 complete then I can tell confirm with you later.

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Stewart (Stu) Pirie

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Laurencekirk, UK
Member #

Hi folks,

Just wondered if anyone has plans for on the way to and from the show. Me and my mate are thinking of leaving on the 26th from Laurencekirk and possible stopping in the Dales or something for the night depending on how we feel after being inside the glorified tractor (Landy) for a few hours.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Any members attending this weekends Spring AO we will be there and would love to meet up have a beer , see your vehicles and get feedback from you all on how you see OB moving forward, what you want to see and what I can do to help you get the most out of your community.
I can give you feedback from OB HQ.

This is an opportunity for you guys to really have your say so please don't waste the opportunity come and say hi.

Reactions: caspoint220 and Tim

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
View attachment 81843

Well did some marshalling and enjoyed it. Parking incoming trafficc met some characters in some craking trucks and will volunteer next time

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Weekend Summary.

Despite the best efforts of Storm Hannah that hit the southern UK on Friday and Saturday the Spring Adventure Overland Show was still a great weekend.

A number of members coming from all 4 corners of the UK got together camping for the whole weekend and it was great to see other members visiting for the day and coming to say hello.

Friday night was a very windy affair with some tents struggling against the elements throwing debris at our Land Rover and a number of awnings from other groups destroyed. The evening was spent huddled under our awning round a fire drinking beer, getting to know each other and discussing how we generate more interest and more trips within our region.

Saturday Storm Hannah still had a good grip on the country and despite this it still gave us a chance to check over each others set up and go look enviously at some of the vehicles on show. Saturday evening with the sounds of a band in the marquee we got together for a communal BBQ telling stories and just having a really good laugh and enjoying the surprise of the show - Toffee Vodka courtesy of @blackntan

Sunday morning and finally Storm Hannah had moved on and we had sunshine and calm. With the better weather more foot traffic attended the show which generated more interest.

Throughout the weekend members took the opportunity to get to know each other and discuss future meets and already those discussions are being turned into planning on the OB social media.

The overriding desire of all the members is to do more meets so this is the focus going forward.

Thank you all who attended and came and said hello.

Attachments

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Weekend Summary.

Despite the best efforts of Storm Hannah that hit the southern UK on Friday and Saturday the Spring Adventure Overland Show was still a great weekend.

A number of members coming from all 4 corners of the UK got together camping for the whole weekend and it was great to see other members visiting for the day and coming to say hello.

Friday night was a very windy affair with some tents struggling against the elements throwing debris at our Land Rover and a number of awnings from other groups destroyed. The evening was spent huddled under our awning round a fire drinking beer, getting to know each other and discussing how we generate more interest and more trips within our region.

Saturday Storm Hannah still had a good grip on the country and despite this it still gave us a chance to check over each others set up and go look enviously at some of the vehicles on show. Saturday evening with the sounds of a band in the marquee we got together for a communal BBQ telling stories and just having a really good laugh and enjoying the surprise of the show - Toffee Vodka courtesy of @blackntan

Sunday morning and finally Storm Hannah had moved on and we had sunshine and calm. With the better weather more foot traffic attended the show which generated more interest.

Throughout the weekend members took the opportunity to get to know each other and discuss future meets and already those discussions are being turned into planning on the OB social media.

The overriding desire of all the members is to do more meets so this is the focus going forward.

The toffee vodka was dangerous

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Weekend Summary.

[/QUOTETHAT TOFFEE VODKA WAS DANGEROUS