Rank V

Member II

Johns Creek, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

Any of my other overlanding brethren from the South constantly ponder moving to the Southwest, like AZ? I see so many YouTube overlanders, scenery, and trails that I want to try out in AZ. I’m a GA Resident by birth that used to make regular trips out to Scottsdale AZ as a kid for family. Seems like they have a lot of overlanding!

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Any of my other overlanding brethren from the South constantly ponder moving to the Southwest, like AZ? I see so many YouTube overlanders, scenery, and trails that I want to try out in AZ. I’m a GA Resident by birth that used to make regular trips out to Scottsdale AZ as a kid for family. Seems like they have a lot of overlanding!
Not so much about moving but about to retire and want to head to the rockies for some extended fishing. When the covid and the Spring weather allows may head to the Southern Rockies to start.

Western

Rank V

Member II

Johns Creek, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

Yeah I am way too young for that lol. For me it would have to be either a lifestyle change to having weekends free or a lateral move out to the West Coast

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Yeah I am way too young for that lol. For me it would have to be either a lifestyle change to having weekends free or a lateral move out to the West Coast
I was in N. Georgia back in October and the Ozarks last year and they were both very interesting overlanding destinations. Nothing to compare to the West of course, but lots of public lands and some nice hills. You're going to end up out there. I can tell! LOL!

Western

Rank V

Member II

Johns Creek, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

I was in N. Georgia back in October and the Ozarks last year and they were both very interesting overlanding destinations. Nothing to compare to the West of course, but lots of public lands and some nice hills. You're going to end up out there. I can tell! LOL!
LOL I know eventually I will. My side of the family is out there and after going out there for a family wedding, my desire increased lol. I just need to find a Service Advisor job out there in a high traffic area lol

Reactions: FishinCrzy

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Born and raised in GA. Down on the coast now and I'm so itching to get westerly!! Planning on taking a two week trip around march or April and hoping to hit a couple nice areas out that way. If I could buy a nice ranch out west somewhere with neighbors over a mile away(picture some plains with mountains not far in the background) and have a remote working job...I'd be there tomorrow! lol!!!

Reactions: Western

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

We lived in CO for 5 years before moving to AL. So much to do and it's gorgeous out there. Definitely miss it...