First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Hey Tyler.
What part of the SCAR are you running, and what days roughly in SC?
I ask because I may be able to do part of the trip. I think you are going right by our stomping grounds in NC (Burnsville).
I just looked at the GPX file and only see the NC part of the trip.
If you're doing Hurricane Creek and the area, you will enjoy that part.
-Dan

TylerHott

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Martinsburg, WV, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS
Hello Dan,
We are planning on starting the route on May 27th at the Kings Mountain National Military Park and running it clockwise. I’d love to do Hurricane Creek. We are in no hurry and have no time constraints to do the route so no worries there. We understand that the route is long so if part of it is all you can do then we will gladly love some company.

Last edited:

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Hello Dan,
We are planning on starting the route on May 27th at the Kings Mountain National Military Park and running it clockwise. I’d love to do Hurricane Creek. We are in no hurry and have no time constraints to do the route so no worries there. We understand that the route is long so if part of it is all you can do then we will gladly love some company.
Tyler, Is there an updated GPX, or did I do something wrong. All I see is the area in NC. I was trying to coordinate the part of the SCAR you are planning, to try to catch up somewhere in SC. ( I have to be in Greenville and Myrtil Beach during May / June.)
Thanks - Hate to be a pest -
-Dan

TylerHott

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Martinsburg, WV, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS
I think the SCAR route I have downloaded is in separate folders? I’m still learning this. I got my gpx file for free just by googling it, then downloading it to my phone then uploading it to Gaia. It’s a process but it works.

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
The website for the SCAR is here. Home | South Carolina Adventure Route (SCAR)

The GPX file is here. You can download it in sections or the entire loop. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/03i93zmkw8dzyjk/AACBm8wxzAUlgc0q81v3y7Xba?dl=0

Also available is a separate file of POIs. It shows gas stops, restaurants, and hotels as well as other points of interest. SCAR Points of Interest

I may be able to meet up and run part of it with the group. It's a pretty fun trip and it's changed a good bit since I last ran it.

Reactions: TylerHott

TylerHott

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Martinsburg, WV, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS
The website for the SCAR is here. Home | South Carolina Adventure Route (SCAR)

The GPX file is here. You can download it in sections or the entire loop. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/03i93zmkw8dzyjk/AACBm8wxzAUlgc0q81v3y7Xba?dl=0

Also available is a separate file of POIs. It shows gas stops, restaurants, and hotels as well as other points of interest. SCAR Points of Interest

I may be able to meet up and run part of it with the group. It's a pretty fun trip and it's changed a good bit since I last ran it.
I just downloaded SCAR V14. As far as I know that’s the most up to date rendition of the route?