Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

On this stretch we access really remote locations in the Andes Mountains.
In total it was 686 km (427 miles) without any gas stations, convenience stores, etc. 2 days traveling in this area.
Nobody was seen! :hearteyes: Just us and nature. it was an amazing trip!
Again, I claim for your patience with the editor! :sweatsmile:

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Gustavo. Thank you for sharing all your pictures and videos. The pictures of the train station remind me of ones we saw in Namibia.

Do you have any suggestions of where we can rent an overlanding rig in either Argentina or Chile next February. We are going to ANTARTICA and want to spend a couple of weeks getting a taste of that beautiful region before that trip.
Gracias.

Reactions: Gustavo Amaral

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

Gustavo. Thank you for sharing all your pictures and videos. The pictures of the train station remind me of ones we saw in Namibia.

Do you have any suggestions of where we can rent an overlanding rig in either Argentina or Chile next February. We are going to ANTARTICA and want to spend a couple of weeks getting a taste of that beautiful region before that trip.
Gracias.
Hi Eddie,sorry for my delay!!!

Tks for your words.

You will make a travel of the dreams! Antarctica is an outstanding destination. I will visit it one day…

Actually a trully overland rig is very difficult to find for rent in SA. I've never tryied it. Maybe you will find a very simple one. Something beetwin an OV Rig and a RV, build on van chassis. In chile they have this company (Campervan and 4WD Rental in Patagonia, Chile and Argentina - Wicked Campers South America) - We saw some of them when were traveling the Carretera Austral. All depends of your style of travel, but maybe one of those can work for you… BTW, you must emphasize with the guy who will rent you a rig that you will cross the border (Argentina/Chile) with the car. You will need a specific documment for this.
Check these too:
Motorhome Patagonia - Chile Motorhomes Rental

g

Reactions: smlobx

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent