Something different (Budget Overland Trailer Tent Build)

• HTML tutorial

thesyncroviking

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Market Warsop, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Looks like its coming along great, how did the trip go?
Sadly a combination of factors mean't camping became hotelling last weekend.

- The tyres didn't arrive until late Thursday
- The boy had a stomach bug
- Rain. Way too much rain

In the end I did fit the new tyres, replaced the wheel bearings and rewired the lighting with LED units (see below). But the family decision was a lovely hotel in Beddgelert which worked out fine.

20230504_135719.jpg

Had a lovely weekend touring the mountain, the Snowdonia Mountain Railway, visited Penrhyn Castle and enjoyed Beddgelert.

20230508_084413.jpg

Not the plan we had - but in 3 weeks we are off into the Peak District camping for sure. It will give me time to source a groundsheet for they awning and to add new marker lights and 12v interior lighting to the trailer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Sadly a combination of factors mean't camping became hotelling last weekend.

- The tyres didn't arrive until late Thursday
- The boy had a stomach bug
- Rain. Way too much rain

In the end I did fit the new tyres, replaced the wheel bearings and rewired the lighting with LED units (pics to follow). But the family decision was a lovely hotel in Beddgelert which worked out fine.

Not the plan we had - but in 3 weeks we are off into the Peak District camping for sure. It will give me time to source a groundsheet for the awning and to add new marker lights and 12v interior lighting to the trailer.
Plans change, couriers let you down and sadly children get bugs but thats all part of the journey.
Important thing is you all enjoyed yourself and you have still made progress

thesyncroviking

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Market Warsop, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Plans change, couriers let you down and sadly children get bugs but thats all part of the journey.
Important thing is you all enjoyed yourself and you have still made progress
Yes, I was disappointed and we nearly shelved the entire trip. But grateful we didn't as the weather was relatively kind until Monday.

And the push to get the trailer ready means only minor work needed to finish and the gear prep is already 90% done.

Gotta see the positives....

Reactions: Polaris Overland