Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Hello fellow OB members!

I recently completed another expedition, this time through northwest BC between Telkwa and Prince Rupert, and during our adventure, we hit a snag trying to get to what is likely a jaw dropping camp site on the shores of Kildala arm.

Along Gitsekan forest road, there is a canyon where the bridge is long gone, and unfortunately the prospect of a water crossing essentially impossible for a solo rig. I did map recce for this trip using multiple sat mapping resources, and only OB One's map showed this break in the trail (google maps et al showed the road continuing as if there was a bridge.

Firstly, major Kudos to OB for this high degree of accuracy.

Secondly, I checked this spot on the map on the OB website, and I was surprised to see that the break was not shown, as it was on mobile. I'm curious why these two maps are different, and I wonder if it would be possible to have the mobile one be the one shown on the website as well.

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 14476

Secondly, I checked this spot on the map on the OB website, and I was surprised to see that the break was not shown, as it was on mobile. I'm curious why these two maps are different, and I wonder if it would be possible to have the mobile one be the one shown on the website as well.

Cheers!
Hey CR, I think I read somewhere (anyone correct me if I’m wrong) that right now the OB Staff is focusing heavily on OB1, that’s why it’s more up-to-date/more features.

I presume just because the app is more convenient for overlanding and people are on their phones more than logging onto the website via computer. They said the website map will be updated eventually, the phone map is just the priority as of now.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello fellow OB members!

I recently completed another expedition, this time through northwest BC between Telkwa and Prince Rupert, and during our adventure, we hit a snag trying to get to what is likely a jaw dropping camp site on the shores of Kildala arm.

Along Gitsekan forest road, there is a canyon where the bridge is long gone, and unfortunately the prospect of a water crossing essentially impossible for a solo rig. I did map recce for this trip using multiple sat mapping resources, and only OB One's map showed this break in the trail (google maps et al showed the road continuing as if there was a bridge.

Cheers!
Hey CR, I think I read somewhere (anyone correct me if I’m wrong) that right now the OB Staff is focusing heavily on OB1, that’s why it’s more up-to-date/more features.

I presume just because the app is more convenient for overlanding and people are on their phones more than logging onto the website via computer. They said the website map will be updated eventually, the phone map is just the priority as of now.
The Map on the website will match the map on OB1 in time, as Conner said, right now every effort is being dumped into the OB1 app first. Once the app is finished the web site will be made to look like the app so that there is a seamless integration between the two.

Rumor has it that the map page on the internet will be updated early 2022.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Hello fellow OB members!

Cheers!

The Map on the website will match the map on OB1 in time, as Conner said, right now every effort is being dumped into the OB1 app first. Once the app is finished the web site will be made to look like the app so that there is a seamless integration between the two.

Rumor has it that the map page on the internet will be updated early 2022.
Hey, that's awesome news. I have to say, I wasn't relying heavily on the app on this trip, but I did refer to it several times, and it was on the money every time. I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Great to know the website map will be the same, because the accuracy is excellent.