Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
This firepit is about the size of a paint can but packs the punch of a blow torch. In a rain storm it burned for an hour and a half on half of a small Duraflame. Comes with a rack for pots and pans. Puts out a good amount heat.

Attachments

Reactions: Kozysnack

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
This firepit is about the size of a paint can but packs the punch of a blow torch. In a rain storm it burned for an hour and a half on half of a small Duraflame. Comes with a rack for pots and pans. Puts out a good amount heat.
I have the Lite, Titan and the Grill. Just got the tripod in the mail last week.
they pack inside of my water kettles so they don't take any extra space.
You're right about the heat.

• Wow
Reactions: huachuca

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
This looks great, and A. Is on Sale, B. Is buy one get one free! I just took the plunge and will give one as a gift, thanks for the "heads up".

Reactions: Kozysnack

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
This looks great, and A. Is on Sale, B. Is buy one get one free! I just took the plunge and will give one as a gift, thanks for the "heads up".
they burn very clean so that makes for easy clean-up and pack out. Almost smokeless, if you don't over fill the unit with fuel.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I picked up the Campfire a few years ago on their Kickstarter campaign-cripes now I own 5 sizes of the dang things! They are great stoves and Camera Lady and I use the Titan most often for camping as the size works very well for two persons.

Reactions: MiamiC70

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I will add that their customer service is INCREDIBLE! I ordered the buy one get one deal and two extra rings...only one ring shipped.....problem solved and new one shipped in less than an hour of me contacting them. Then, after finally opening both stoves a day or two later, one was damaged in shipping.....same thing, new one shipped out in literally under an hour of me reaching out......both with no questions asked and super polite communications!

SOOOOOOO refreshing. :sunglasses:

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I've had a Solo Ranger for, IDK... 3-4 years now. I really love it. The prices have come way down due to competition, but I paid "top dollar" when I got mine and people thought I was crazy... until they saw it working. Then most of them went out and bought one themselves. My only complaint with the Ranger is it's a bit too small for a "standard" piece of firewood. I've found for it to be truly smoke-free all of the material needs to stay below the ring of holes on the inside of the tub, towards the top (so that any smoke that is rising gets the second burn). Obviously it's not a big deal to just cut to the right size now that I know that, or just knock pieces in half if it's commercial firewood or something somebody else cut/brought.

I will say, the Ranger puts out at on if heat if you keep it running right for the size but this last weekend it wasn't even that cold and it's a bit lacking for 4+ people around it. I wish I had gotten the next size up (Bonfire) for a little more heat as well as fitting a bit bigger chunks of wood while staying below the ring of holes in the tub.

-TJ

Reactions: NCFireGuy