Enthusiast I

United Kingdom
First Name
Zack
Last Name
Grippo
Service Branch
USAF
My family and I finally did our first off the beaten path adventure. We travelled from the Suffolk area of England (0500) to Machynlleth, Wales (1000) where we camped out for the night. We went with a friend and made a couple more during the trip. I have to say I didn't originally buy into the hype of the overland/offroad community at first but, this trip definitely changed my mind and I feel like I found a new "family". After we setup camp (1200) we rolled out and started hitting some trails with a well of knowledge tour guide. Our convoy through Snowdonia National Park consisted of a Land Rover (guide vehicle), 2 Jeep Gladiator's and my Jeep Liberty. We crawled, climbed and "swam" throughout the terrain with a few scares laced with thrills. After about 10 hrs we made it back to camp (2200) had a bite to eat, some drinks, stories and laughs then went to sleep. My family didn't stay for the next day of activities but, we sure wish we did! While we trekked back home to rest and lower our blood pressure the rest of the team tackled the Strait of Florida. I guess that just means we need to go back and do it again haha.

All-in-all it was a great time and I can't thank the more experienced people that came along with us, as well as, the guys at all4exploring. This trip was amazing and my family were able to reconnect with each other while out in nature. Now I'm off to start building spreadsheet for modifications haha.

I'll start posting images later on today (I have to get them from my wife xD)

Reactions: El-Dracho