Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Sacchi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YWP
I bought a Amazon Snorkel for my Third Gen 4runner about a 3 years ago. I am slowly working up enough courage to cut a 3 1/2 inch hole into the side of my rig. I was wondering which is the position to point the top? Back or front? I also saw one that had a pre filter on top to catch the dust.

Reactions: Coreymol

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Most have the air intake pointed forward for a ram air effect. Some turn it to the rear when on dusty trails. I recommend a pre filter, I have a EnginAire Prefilter, after a year the air box and filter are spotless. Before I would get dirt, bugs, leaves and general debris, both pre and post snorkel.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I don’t think I could ever come up with enough courage to cut a hole in the side of my 80 series. I may or may not ever put a snorkel on mine, but when or if I do, I’d take it to a reputable shop and have them install a reputable snorkel. Good luck cutting you fender up

Todd S.

Rank VII
Investor

Navigator I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Sacchi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YWP
Most have the air intake pointed forward for a ram air effect. Some turn it to the rear when on dusty trails. I recommend a pre filter, I have a EnginAire Prefilter, after a year the air box and filter are spotless. Before I would get dirt, bugs, leaves and general debris, both pre and post snorkel.
Thanks. I was leaning towards a pre filter. It looks like the better option.

Reactions: madcratebuilder

Todd S.

Rank VII
Investor

Navigator I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Sacchi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YWP
I don’t think I could ever come up with enough courage to cut a hole in the side of my 80 series. I may or may not ever put a snorkel on mine, but when or if I do, I’d take it to a reputable shop and have them install a reputable snorkel. Good luck cutting you fender up
Thanks Moak, I should take it to a shop but I am the only one I trust to screw up my rig. LOL

Advocate I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

I think its like tattoos. Once you cut one hole, you cant stop. Ask me how I know.