Droz

Rank I

Contributor II

Birmingham, AL, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hancock
We have 4-7 trucks/Jeeps headed out to do the SM 500 later in the month. We are looking for campsites along the route. Depending on the number and size of the camp sites to hold all of the vehicles will help us decide which 2 of the 3 sections we will tackle. But after looking at the route on Gaia and Google Maps, I just am not seeing many "along the route" camp sites. Do most people come off the trail and have reservations somewhere? I have searched the FB groups and looked at YouTube but there is a lot of ride along with me information but nothing really about camp sites. Any help would be appreciated!!! Mike.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Where can one get information on this Smokey Mountain 500? I googled it but mostly just blog entries of people who have done it. Is there a website that gives details on the route?

Droz

Rank I

Contributor II

Birmingham, AL, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hancock
There are some FaceBook groups and a few YouTube videos but nothing "official" hence why I am asking my question. You can find lots of people that have done the route that have .gpx files of the route but the ones I have found do not have camping way points.

Reactions: Viking1204