Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
Custom built slide out kitchen. Made from 5/8” Baltic birch. Assembled with box joint corners for strength and aesthetics. Sealed with Minwax Helmsman spar urethane coating. Measures 61 ½” L x 22 1/2” W x 16” H (it was designed to fit into a 5 foot pickup bed (2004 Dodge Dakota quad cab)). Bolts directly to a pickup bed floor and will fully extend out on 60” lock in lock out sliders. Once fully deployed another 30” section slides out on lock in lock out sliders to reveal the hidden work surface. Underneath you will find a 2 burner glass top stove with Piezo ignition and ceramic heads that will help keep the heat in windy conditions. To the right of the cooking center a HDPE work surface opens up and back to give you access to a small compartment that can house anything from dry goods and utensils. In this compartment you will find an electrical switch panel that controls the under lid lights as well as underneath lights for illuminating the ground area. It also has provisions for two USB jacks and a 12 volt socket. To the left of the cooking area is another HDPE lid that opens to a much larger storage area that can be used for pots, pans, skillets etc. one more compartment at the end of the kitchen will allow you to store items such as garbage bags, ziplocks and other items. Lots of planning and details went into this (along with plans form Dave off of this forum) as well as love. It has served me and my family for a couple years now and I feel it is time for another project to begin. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Located in western Nebraska but willing to deliver a reasonable distance.
Would really like to get 950 or so out of it. That would pay for the new suspension on my trailer.
Would consider a trade for an OVS Nomadic awning drivers side.
20200622_062758.jpg
20200408_211007.jpg
20200519_172122.jpg
Dodge kitchen (1).pngDodge kitchen.png

Last edited:

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

Custom built slide out kitchen. Made from 5/8” Baltic birch. Assembled with box joint corners for strength and aesthetics. Sealed with Minwax Helmsman spar urethane coating. Measures 61 ½” L x 22 1/2” W x 16” H (it was designed to fit into a 5 foot pickup bed (2004 Dodge Dakota quad cab)). Bolts directly to a pickup bed floor and will fully extend out on 60” lock in lock out sliders. Once fully deployed another 30” section slides out on lock in lock out sliders to reveal the hidden work surface. Underneath you will find a 2 burner glass top stove with Piezo ignition and ceramic heads that will help keep the heat in windy conditions. To the right of the cooking center a HDPE work surface opens up and back to give you access to a small compartment that can house anything from dry goods and utensils. In this compartment you will find an electrical switch panel that controls the under lid lights as well as underneath lights for illuminating the ground area. It also has provisions for two USB jacks and a 12 volt socket. To the left of the cooking area is another HDPE lid that opens to a much larger storage area that can be used for pots, pans, skillets etc. one more compartment at the end of the kitchen will allow you to store items such as garbage bags, ziplocks and other items. Lots of planning and details went into this (along with plans form Dave off of this forum) as well as love. It has served me and my family for a couple years now and I feel it is time for another project to begin. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Located in western Nebraska but willing to deliver a reasonable distance.
Would really like to get 1300 or so out of it. That would pay for the new suspension on my trailer.
Would consider a trade for an OVS Nomadic awning drivers side.
View attachment 219413
View attachment 219416
View attachment 219418
View attachment 219419View attachment 219420
Good luck with your sale. I'm looking for something like this, unfortunately I'm all the way in California.

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
I lowered the price to 950. If anyone is interested please let me know. Otherwise I'll dismantle it and use it for parts. Believe me I don't want to do that, but I have no reason for it just lying around.

Reactions: OnlyTaco

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

I lowered the price to 950. If anyone is interested please let me know. Otherwise I'll dismantle it and use it for parts. Believe me I don't want to do that, but I have no reason for it just lying around.
Good luck with your sell! I think it's stellar. My offer still stands, I can meet you in Moab and we can make a trip out of it.

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
Good luck with your sell! I think it's stellar. My offer still stands, I can meet you in Moab and we can make a trip out of it.
I just realized that I never replied to you. Sorry about that. I'd love to make a trip but life just got really busy. Corn haulin season is in full steam right now. I'll keep in touch before I dismantle it...maybe by then something will change.

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

I just realized that I never replied to you. Sorry about that. I'd love to make a trip but life just got really busy. Corn haulin season is in full steam right now. I'll keep in touch before I dismantle it...maybe by then something will change.
Totally understandable. Good luck with it all.

Reactions: Flyfishin.aa.ron

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

Just a thought, I live in Western Colorado.....travel for work all over Colorado. Perhaps I could pick this up and shuttle it to Moab if you all are serious. I am headed out to north eastern Colorado later this month. @OnlyTaco and @Flyfishin.aa.ron
Oh wow, that's quite generous of you. Let's see if he can sell it locally first. It will be so much easier for him that way. But I'm definitely interested if there's no local options for him.

I always wanted to visit Moab, so I can never say not to that

Reactions: zgfiredude

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
Oh wow, that's quite generous of you. Let's see if he can sell it locally first. It will be so much easier for him that way. But I'm definitely interested if there's no local options for him.

I always wanted to visit Moab, so I can never say not to that
Wow, that's incredible! we might have to work something out. it would make me sick to tear it apart. I'd rather someone get use out of it.

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
ok...a couple questions...

#1 how does it connect/bolt to your bed?
#2 I think this will work in my 4runner with the seats layed down..? its 61' closed?
It has three mounting brackets per side, attached to the main slide. They in turn attached to the bed of my pickup. If I remember correctly it's right at 61". Maybe a bit more for the slide locks.

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
It has three mounting brackets per side, attached to the main slide. They in turn attached to the bed of my pickup. If I remember correctly it's right at 61". Maybe a bit more for the slide locks.
It's not bolted down to my pickup currently but I could re-install it and take more pics or video if you are more interested.

JakJak

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Calhan, CO, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Freeman
It's not bolted down to my pickup currently but I could re-install it and take more pics or video if you are more interested.

I dont t hink you need to go through that trouble ....can you take a picture of how it bolted to your pickup? if that makes sense....basically we are trying to figure out it this will work in a 4runner.Also how much does it weigh if you know off hand.