Launch Member

Influencer II

Lathrop, California
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Bircher
Member #

Looking to throw a bachelor party/camp trip and we wanted to check out slab city. Does anyone know if that area NE of the Salton sea is public lands? Is there any good camping near the mountains out there? I know there is a red canyon jeep trail and the old trestle Bridge.

Cav 3724

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Coronado California
First Name
Steve
Last Name
C
Looking to throw a bachelor party/camp trip and we wanted to check out slab city. Does anyone know if that area NE of the Salton sea is public lands? Is there any good camping near the mountains out there? I know there is a red canyon jeep trail and the old trestle Bridge.
Most everything north of slab city to the trestle, and east of the canal is military property/bombing range. The wash where the trestle is and north, Red Canyon, is public.

Suburban_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lathrop, California
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Bircher
Member #

Most everything north of slab city to the trestle, and east of the canal is military property/bombing range. The wash where the trestle is and north, Red Canyon, is public.
Thank you. Do you know if there are any good spots to camp along that wash near the treslte or closer to red canyon?

Cav 3724

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Coronado California
First Name
Steve
Last Name
C
Thank you. Do you know if there are any good spots to camp along that wash near the treslte or closer to red canyon?
The wash is very wide, lots of canyons and washes to the north. There is lots of winter visitors, snow birds. Just stay north of the trestle. Everything south is off limits. Please make sure that all trash is picked up. I have seen inconsiderate people leave that wash in horrible condition. I believe it is BLM. Wood is going to be hard to find to burn.

Cav 3724

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Coronado California
First Name
Steve
Last Name
C
The wash is very wide, lots of canyons and washes to the north. There is lots of winter visitors, snow birds. Just stay north of the trestle. Everything south is off limits. Please make sure that all trash is picked up. I have seen inconsiderate people leave that wash in horrible condition. I believe it is BLM. Wood is going to be hard to find to burn.
The trestle is actually about 10 plus miles north of slab city.

Cav 3724

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Coronado California
First Name
Steve
Last Name
C
The wash is very wide, lots of washes and canyons to the north. There are lots of winter visitors, snow birds. Just stay to the north of the trestle. Everything south is off limits. Please make sure that all of your trash is is packed out. I have seen some inconsiderate people leave the wash in horrible condition. I believe the area is BLM. Wood is very hard to find, so I would suggest bringing it. BTW, the trestle where the wash is , is 10 plus miles north of slab city. Not close at all.