Skyline Drive Overnight - Labor Day Weekend (Fri/Sat) - 09/01/2017

• HTML tutorial

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Come join us for a drive and campout. We will meet at the Chevron in Spanish Fork at the mouth of the canyon. Drive up to the trailhead of one of the best drives in Utah. About halfway, depending on speed and distance covered, we will stop and set up camp and enjoy the company of fellow overlanders.

If you are not able to make stay over night, there are multiple routes that drop down into nearby town to get you home.

The start time is flexible, but it would be nice to set up camp before dusk.
End time is unknown as I have never been up this route, or how long it will take to pack up camp and go in the morning.

Bring your own food and supplies as if you're alone. We will have each other so don't go buying something just for this ride.
I am recommending 4x4 and offroad tires based on the fact that it may be needed dependent on the weather prior to driving the trail. Unless it rains that week, I don't see needing the 4x4.

Call or text (best) me for any more information. I will update this as necessary.

View Rally Point

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

I'll have to look at my schedule and see if my ground tent is still in decent shape, I wouldn't mind joining.

SinCityOverland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
shaun
Last Name
field
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
a hole
damn .. pretty close but still so far.. wish we could make it. i did put up a moab trip for the 22nd though. hopefully some of you can make it to that one. kinda in the middle of us.

Glenny

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sandy, UT
Member #

I am in Sandy and would love to join. I may have to peel off and head home depending on what the wife has planned for the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

CJ BEE

Rank 0

Traveler I

utah
Hey there just joined! I've been wanting to do this skyline drive for a while now. But unfortunately i'll be going up over guardsman's pass that weekend with the family.

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

Come join us for a drive and campout. We will meet at the Chevron in Spanish Fork at the mouth of the canyon. Drive up to the trailhead of one of the best drives in Utah. About halfway, depending on speed and distance covered, we will stop and set up camp and enjoy the company of fellow overlanders.

If you are not able to make stay over night, there are multiple routes that drop down into nearby town to get you home.

The start time is flexible, but it would be nice to set up camp before dusk.
End time is unknown as I have never been up this route, or how long it will take to pack up camp and go in the morning.

Bring your own food and supplies as if you're alone. We will have each other so don't go buying something just for this ride.
I am recommending 4x4 and offroad tires based on the fact that it may be needed dependent on the weather prior to driving the trail. Unless it rains that week, I don't see needing the 4x4.

Call or text (best) me for any more information. I will update this as necessary.

Ok Russell, I made it into the app. Thanks I'm in it will be me and my 2 boys 11 and 9 and a adventure trailer pulled by 4runner

Sent from my SM-G900T using OB Talk mobile app

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

Ok but that doesn't get us to far down the trail, but if that works well for everyone then no problem. See you guys there.

Sent from my SM-G900T using OB Talk mobile app