Single Scepter horizontal water can carrier.

• HTML tutorial

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

I am looking for a single horizontal carrier for theses cans for my roof rack:
water can.jpeg

I have found a double by Baja designs, but want 2 singles to place on my rack.

I want to use these cans 1) because I already have them 2) the price was right (free) 3) they are durable as hell.

I have looked all over and can find singles for the blue (NATO) jugs and other Scepter cans but not the USGI ones.

I will continue to look myself but any help would be much appreciated.

Superduty

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Adventure Trailer makes a great holder. I have two of them on my Jeep. One I am using vertical and the other horizontal. They can be mounted either way. They are made of aluminum and are lockable. Good craftsmanship. Because they are aluminum they aren't too heavy. They have 3 different hold down straps, make sure you get the correct one.

They are not cheaply priced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: giarc1234

Superduty

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Adventure Trailer makes a great holder. I have two of them on my Jeep. One I am using vertical and the other horizontal. They can be mounted either way. They are made of aluminum and are lockable. Good craftsmanship. Because they are aluminum they aren't too heavy. They have 3 different hold down straps, make sure you get the correct one.

They are not cheaply priced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
The vertical is easy to see. The horizontal is above the spare on the rack.

Cros

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

VA
Member #

Have you considered using ratcheting straps? They're a really versatile solution that come in handy when you want to reconfigure you're setup while out and about!

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

Have you considered using ratcheting straps? They're a really versatile solution that come in handy when you want to reconfigure you're setup while out and about!
That is what i am using now. I have not pulled the trigger on anything until i figure out all that i am goining to carry up there.

The Nothing

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

pdx, or
First Name
Isaac
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BSB
I'd call up a local fab shop. They could have something done up pretty quick and likely quite inexpensive.

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

I'd call up a local fab shop. They could have something done up pretty quick and likely quite inexpensive.
I might have that done as well.. Right now I need to get all the items I want to place on the roof in my possession (buy) and figure out how to mount then all up there. I still need to purchase maxtrax and I think they can be mounted to the water can brackets. It is still a work in progress (as it will always be) to get everything sorted out and easy to use when needed.

Thank you

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

I might have that done as well.. Right now I need to get all the items I want to place on the roof in my possession (buy) and figure out how to mount then all up there. I still need to purchase maxtrax and I think they can be mounted to the water can brackets. It is still a work in progress (as it will always be) to get everything sorted out and easy to use when needed.

Thank you
Wide assortment Front Runner.com. Agora. Ca

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: giarc1234

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

Probably a long-shot but maybe check your local Costco. I don't know if they were the same cans but I stumbled across a pallet full of Sceptre cans a few months ago. The description said they were made to carry fuel. They were under $20 a piece. I kicked myself because I went back a week later and they were all gone. I can't find them on Costco.com either.

Superduty

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Probably a long-shot but maybe check your local Costco. I don't know if they were the same cans but I stumbled across a pallet full of Sceptre cans a few months ago. The description said they were made to carry fuel. They were under $20 a piece. I kicked myself because I went back a week later and they were all gone. I can't find them on Costco.com either.
The scepter cans at Costco, though a nice product, are nothing like the authentic scepter military fuel can.

My local Costco just got them in again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app