Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Mee
Last Name
Oldguy
IMG_20230323_144520459_HDR.jpg
This is my 2000 4x4 Suburban LT. In less than an hour I'm going to Toyota to trade for a Tacoma. I need a pickup truck. This old girl has been awesome and still is. I hate to let it go. We sort of stumbled into overlanding. We go camping and then drive some unpaved road that gets worse and worse. The burb always got us back. Nothing but good things to say about 4x4 Suburbans.

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

Here is my 08 2500 6.0L 4x4. (VERY Dirty)
No lift, 265s
Front seats only, rear has bed and storage
Hidden 13K winch
100 watts Solar, 30amp MPPT with large deep cycle (forget amps)
Amazon rack on uni-strut
Most of the work has been done on the interior and 12V systems. Currently has 3 batteries, start, CPAP, Fridge/House.
Here it is parked with our new 2023 Venture Sonic. It too has Solar and 4 batteries.
I also built a 200 watt Solar suitcase that works on both the Suburban and the Sonic.

View attachment 241153View attachment 241154
What roof rack is that?

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
OK, so I've got some news that may or may not interest you guys...The Cognito PISK that seems to be a unicorn that noone can get a hold of...turns out after an incredible effort by Shawna from NorCalTruck they were able to get a hold of 3 of them, even though Cognito told me there was no way, but then they confirmed there are 3 (now 2) available for the 88-98 k2500. So if youve been looking for one here's your chance...and I do not have any relation to them except having just spent money with them today...and ive never promoted anything here or in any other group, but Im pretty damned excited to get my hands on it so I thought id share since they said there were 3 available and it seems nearly impossible to find them. Already posted in a couple suburban groups on FB so if you've been looking for the PISK then might want to jump on it. Shawna was very cool and likely would find whatever the hell else you would want. There isn't a great place to post recommended parts companies so I just looked for the suburbans in OB1 lol.

Overland H

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, MT, USA
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Halver
Member #

Finally finish the 1 ton swap, cross over steering, on board air, custom swing out tire carrier and rolling on 37” Patagonia’s.
Can you show some pictures of your spare tire mount. Need some options for mine
This is how I went about fab-ing my tire carrier up.

Attachments

Elliott10

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Harrodsburg, Ky
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Elliott
Member #

Overland H

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, MT, USA
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Halver
Member #

Attachments

90sBurb

Rank I

Contributor III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Nelson
Hey everyone...Intro
Here's my 1990 Suburban. Started life out as a K1500. I bought it from the original owner about 6 years ago and drove it around as a secondary vehicle for a while. 3 years ago had a situation develop and decided to beef it up. 3/4 ton axle swap, FF Rear, along with a 4 in lift. We pulled the 700R4 and will be doing a NV4500 swap hopefully in the next few months. Has the stock 5.7 which the intent is to get running to see how it holds up turning the new gears. I have a running 1980 7.1 BBC which might...get rebuilt and swapped into it one day. Yall know how it goes...back and forth on plans as time and money allow. Plans are to build up a solid foundation/functional platform then moderately equip it to venture out on weekends and road trips packed to fly fish, backpack, etc.

Attachments

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Overland H

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, MT, USA
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Halver
Member #

Decked out the overland kitchen
Looking to build something like this with 2x8's as structure. How heavy is your box? Can you remove from vehicle?? Looks great!!
I can remove it but it is pretty heavy. I used a piece of 3/4” to the top and 1/2” for the vertices and 1/4” for the bottom. The 1/4” for the bottom was a bad idea, it flexes to much, 1/2” would have been better. My platform pretty much lives in the burban now.