Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
I'm currently travelling to meet some other Overland Bound Members in Queensland.
For those who don't know my home in Tasmania, is a 336 mile, 10-hour boat ride to Melbourne in Victoria in Mainland Australia. The ship I was on is the same as the one in the photo which we passed halfway.

Kombi_SpiritofTasmania.jpgSpiritoftasmania_1.jpg

I travelled via Sydney to Mudgee NSW where I visited the town of Hill End a mostly abandoned gold mining town. From the town, there is a popular, but technical 4wd track called the Bridle Track. Without others I only ventured down a couple of miles, just to see how the Kombi would perform, which it did quite well.

Bridle_Track_Sign.jpg

Kombi_Bridle_Track.jpg

Hill_End_1.jpg

From Hill End, we went to another old gold mining town, Sofala. There is a track from there back to the main road, with numerous river crossings and some technical sections, but not as rough as the Bridle Trail.

Kombi_Causeway.jpg

Kombi_Causeway_2.jpg

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
I'm currently travelling to meet some other Overland Bound Members in Queensland.
For those who don't know my home in Tasmania, is a 336 mile, 10-hour boat ride to Melbourne in Victoria in Mainland Australia. The ship I was on is the same as the one in the photo which we passed halfway.

View attachment 223286View attachment 223287

I travelled via Sydney to Mudgee NSW where I visited the town of Hill End a mostly abandoned gold mining town. From the town, there is a popular, but technical 4wd track called the Bridle Track. Without others I only ventured down a couple of miles, just to see how the Kombi would perform, which it did quite well.

View attachment 223288

View attachment 223289

View attachment 223290

From Hill End, we went to another old gold mining town, Sofala. There is a track from there back to the main road, with numerous river crossings and some technical sections, but not as rough as the Bridle Trail.

View attachment 223291

View attachment 223292
This is awesome I love trips like this Ive done a similar one to old abandoned places here in texas

Explorer I

Macedon Ranges, VIC, Australia
First Name
Chantal
Last Name
ChB
I love this and especially the kombi!
Hit us up if you ever are in the Macedon Ranges, we are kombi enthusiasts as well.

Beatrix.jpg

This was our precious baby (Beatrix), we sold her last year to fund our new build (Triton with Tommy Camper slide-on).

Safe travels and we might see each other one day.