Steward I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I just received my new LFD Hybrid Front Bumper for my GX460. It has two recovery points built into it (.75" Thick Steel with a 1.03" Dia hole for the Shackle bolt. I have some shackles, but I think they they fit loose as they are 1.25"W with a .88" Dia bolt. (Measurements taken with my digital calipers)

1646024754561.png

Not sure if I should just get some rubber isolators or if I should be looking for shackles that fit tighter so they won't twist as much when used under load? I plan to use a 10' bridle with both recovery points. Have not bought the winch yet, but am leaning toward the Smittybuilt X20 10,000 lb w/synthetic line as I think it will fit nicely and be the right size for my 6600lb GX.

Any advice is appreciated as I am newer to overlanding. I am not building my rig for extreme off-roading - rather for forest roads, sand, and some mud. Perhaps my shackles are fine for this with some isolators - not sure? My shackles are 4.75T rated/stamped.

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Pin diameter on a Crosby Lebus 6.5 ton bow shackle is 1.00" and exceeds the straight line pull value of your proposed winch.

Or you can just push soft shackles through the recovery point in the event you actually need them and save weight.

Reactions: jwright