Influencer II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

... Grease management was difficult....
This was the game changer for me. The grease management system of the Blackstone can't be beat. Scrape all the oil and waste into the detachable trap with the disposable foil liner, spray water on the warm griddle and wipe it down, then cover with a very light coating of oil and you are done. The carry bag comes with a nice cover for in between uses.

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
Reactions: shansonpac

HaVeeBear

Rank IV
Adventure
Investor

Enthusiast II

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendáriz
Member #

So have both the Scottle and Blackstone. I love them both and they both do about the same thing. I do prefer the Blackstone in most cases as it a bit more easy to use and clean. But with that said for most off road trips I take the Scottle as it packs better and feels more rugged.
How and where do you pack the Scottle?

HaVeeBear

Rank IV
Adventure
Investor

Enthusiast II

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendáriz
Member #

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Kahuna burner with a discada.
I think the price has gone up more recently, but they were typically around $100...

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI
Expedition

Off-Road Ranger III

San Jacinto, California, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

I like the storability of the skottle kits. We have both a jetboil genesis system, which we absolutely love, and a Camp Chef 14" 2 burner with flat top cast iron. Cooking on it is awsome, tho its a bit large and cumbersome for what it is. The grease/oil management is just horrendous...we generally try to make food that doesnt have a lot of grease run-off...but bacon is hard to pass!

Reactions: M Rose