Status
Not open for further replies.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

I came across this on another forum and got kinda excited...Could this be the answer to all our radio needs? A single radio that does CB, UHF, VHF and HAM! :astonished: This is a "Jack of all trades, master of none" radio with the limitation being the antenna. They do offer an antenna switch system so you can run the dedicated antennas if you have the room. I have used Rugged Radios with my friends race teams and I can say that they make:fearful: nice gear and the people are great to work with. Plus, if you have a group you regularly ride/race with, you can have your frequency pre-programmed in straight from Rugged when you order.

Copied from their website:
Our only radio that supports CB, UHF, VHF & HAM frequencies!

The RM50-MB Multi-Band Radio merges VHF, UHF, CB, HAM, AM, and FM all into one unit for the ultimate, versatile communication system! Now, you can have CB for your road trips, VHF for off-road friends, UHF for short course, HAM for intense radio enthusiasts, and even AM/FM for a little downtime radio listening. Whether you're trail riding in the Sierras or exploring the Mojave Desert, this radio is perfect for any adventure!

Installation made simple, the remote head unit of the RM50-MB can be installed in virtually any vehicle even where space is limited. Simply mount the radio box out of sight, perhaps under a seat, and install the compact remote head in a convenient location on the dash using the supplied 16ft extension cable.

Powerful output up to 50 watts depending on frequency band used, the RM50-MB is an ideal choice for communications up to 30 miles (depending upon terrain). An easy to read display also allows you to monitor 2 channels at the same time. This means you can stay in contact with friends using CB or VHF, all while using one single radio. Additional features include a programmable hand mic for "on the fly" channel changes and the ability to save presets. A loud speaker as well as a 3.5mm speaker output port completes this radio.

Frequency Range:

• VHF: 134 MHz - 174 MHz
  • UHF: 400 MHz - 480 MHz
  • CB: 26-33 MHz
  • HAM: 47-54 MHz

**AMO does not sell Rugged Radios**

Status
Not open for further replies.