RTT or ground tent & why

• HTML tutorial

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

I agree it all depends on the person, Especially if that someone is not as agile as they were when they were young . It could be a convenience issue. some feel it it safer on the ground and others prefer higher places both have their ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES . As for me i haven't made my choice yet !!

MtnManAlex

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

A couple of ground tent advantages that I didn’t see mentioned: 1. Reserves the campground during the day while off on trails. 2. Provides an inconspicuous safe place to store the Jeeps’ doors while off on trails. 3. Ground tent is lightweight whereas a RTT and roof rack increase top heaviness and a trailer adds weight behind. -1. When only staying a single night, it can be a hassle packing and unpacking the ground tent. Practice makes it faster, but it can still be annoying. -2. We use either air mattress or cots in the GT which is an additional step/inconvenience for packing and unpacking.
IMG_0721.JPG

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
I've been thinking a bit about eventually getting a RTT, looking into different variations and options for a 2-door Jeep JK. It seems to be more of a solution geared towards overlanding, rather than 4-wheeling- if I take a trip out to Utah, I would guess it wouldn't be too great having a RTT while tackling Hell's Revenge.

Reactions: MtnManAlex