Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Just been looking at the idea of roof rack mounts for Rotopax fuel storage and vertical mounting makes sense in terms of saving space. Not ideal on the trucjk, I know, because of weight being high up on a 4x4, but it's also an idea for a trailer build I'm thinking of, which will be relatively low.
I don't have space on the side of the truck, so roof it might have to be.

I've seen these side mounts for the Slimline II roof rack, does anyone know if the brackets would be strong enough for 2x 4 gallon Rotopax using these extensions?
Or am I missing something.
Any other ideas?

MiamiC70

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
MiamiC70
Member #

I had 2 2Gal on my Yakima LockNLoad platform using the extended RotoPax mount with two mounting points.

Reactions: nickburt

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Just been looking at the idea of roof rack mounts for Rotopax fuel storage and vertical mounting makes sense in terms of saving space. Not ideal on the trucjk, I know, because of weight being high up on a 4x4, but it's also an idea for a trailer build I'm thinking of, which will be relatively low.
I don't have space on the side of the truck, so roof it might have to be.

I've seen these side mounts for the Slimline II roof rack, does anyone know if the brackets would be strong enough for 2x 4 gallon Rotopax using these extensions?
Or am I missing something.
Any other ideas?
Hello Nick, I drive a Toyota 4Runner and I have 24 gallons in an auxiliary tank mounted where the spare tire used to ride. Bought it from a company named Long Range America. It is made by an Australian company. You might check that out.