Rank III

Contributor I

Alvarado, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Clark
Member #

I have a 2004 F250 Super Duty. I am looking for recommendations and pictures of what y'all have. I would like two separate racks one on the cab and one on the camper shell. I also would like them to match. TIA for input.

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
I have a 2004 F250 Super Duty. I am looking for recommendations and pictures of what y'all have. I would like two separate racks one on the cab and one on the camper shell. I also would like them to match. TIA for input.
I use Frontrunner. They work well on my Bronco fiberglass cap.

Reactions: blkoutoverlander

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
I have an F-150, similar roof line, similar cab, and I went with a set of Thule Aeroblades. I put everything from kayaks, to roof baskets, to ladders and lumber up there no problem. They are super modular, can be taken off and installed in under 5 minutes and I never worry that they won't do the job. I have a soft top, so no bars on the shell, but I would go with the aeroblades as they are very quiet on the freeway, and easy to take off when needed.

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
I don't have rack on my truck roof but have Xtrusion Overland rack on the bed. It fits over my Softopper. It is totally customizable and Alan, the owner, will work with you on custom heights, lengths, etc. It is made of extruded aluminum and I can't recommend it more, I love it. I'd be happy to send more pics if you'd like.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Nobody seems to make a model specific roof rack for the 1st Gen Collie, so I went with a "universal" version for $70 off of CL.

IMAG1581.jpg

blkoutoverlander

Rank III

Contributor I

Alvarado, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Clark
Member #

I don't have rack on my truck roof but have Xtrusion Overland rack on the bed. It fits over my Softopper. It is totally customizable and Alan, the owner, will work with you on custom heights, lengths, etc. It is made of extruded aluminum and I can't recommend it more, I love it. I'd be happy to send more pics if you'd like.
Yes please I’d like be to see more

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Yes please I’d like be to see more
The last pic shows how the rack mounts inside and that the Softopper goes over it

Attachments