Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I think that will be a difficult question to answer unless you talk to another owner of your same vehicle. I had a similar setup on my Subaru Outback, and it didn’t add *too* much wind noise. But when I moved the rack and basket over to my 4Runner, the noise was intolerable.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Unload and loaded differ greatly and how you pack it can make another differance
Simple things like sheeting it up and. Sizes of boxes etc make all the differace

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Thanks guys, I don't want my car to look like every other first generation Tucson over here, which is why I want to make a few changes to it.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

No idea if you have a lot of parking garages over there, we do here. With a rack like that that sits on top of the other rack things (don't know the word right now xD) you are putting on a lot of height!

Can imaging it would put on quite a bit of noise as well though.

If I ever get a rack I'm getting me one of these http://www.rhinorack.nl/AccSubCategory_Pioneer-Alloy-Platform-Racks_Page_1_Accessory_Pioneer-Platform_477_64.aspx they have their own set of 'feet'. In total it will just be 2 CM higher then the stock bars are right now.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

We have a few parking garages up here, but I usually stay away from them unless it's pouring down (if that's the case I stay at home).

And my SUV is only 1.8m tall.