Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Tennessee, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
ODell
Member #

I’ve already done the lift on my 2016 4Runner. Got the roof rack cross bars for the RTT. Been picking up equipment little by little. Next step is rock sliders. The question is what sliders do you like and does anyone have a discount code on any sliders for the 4runner?

Reactions: 13XSPX and cgranier

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
If you have the ability to weld, the Coastal Off-road sliders are well worth their price. Sorry, they don’t offer a discount code though.

Reactions: TNoutdoors

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

Looking for sliders as well for a 2018 4Runner with KDSS. Everything seems to have 8 weeks lead time or more.

Is anyone familiar with the TJM sliders?

Not interested in heavy rock crawling... just want protection on the trails.

Thanks.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
For your best bet contact a local fabrication shop. You would have a better product for a fraction of the cost of buying an off the shelf slider.

GreyMatter

Rank V

Advocate I

Parole, MD, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SVJ
For your best bet contact a local fabrication shop. You would have a better product for a fraction of the cost of buying an off the shelf slider.
I haven't bought rock sliders yet, but I would think that a company that specializes in rock sliders will have tested them and adapted them from customer feedback over time. I'm not sure how a local fabrication shop is going to be able to design a better rock slider in one shot, unless that's their specialty and they've already been building them for your type of vehicle.

Reactions: cgranier

GreyMatter

Rank V

Advocate I

Parole, MD, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SVJ
I’ve already done the lift on my 2016 4Runner. Got the roof rack cross bars for the RTT. Been picking up equipment little by little. Next step is rock sliders. The question is what sliders do you like and does anyone have a discount code on any sliders for the 4runner?
4x Innovations beats the hell out of their rock sliders in this video. If I had a Toyota I would definitely be looking at theirs.

Reactions: cgranier

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I haven't bought rock sliders yet, but I would think that a company that specializes in rock sliders will have tested them and adapted them from customer feedback over time. I'm not sure how a local fabrication shop is going to be able to design a better rock slider in one shot, unless that's their specialty and they've already been building them for your type of vehicle.
The reason being is that each and every vehicle is different. Sliders need to be welded to the frame for the best protection. And need to be made out of 3/16” steel or thicker… most sliders I have seen are made out of 16 gauge tubing. And all that I have seen have flimsy frame mounts…

How do I know a welding shop would be cheaper? My Brother owned a welding shop for many years. Sliders were $200-400 depending on style and size. His winch bumpers were $500.00 and up.

13XSPX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brunswick, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

I have our sliders on sale. I can also knock off a few extra bucks for members. Just send me a PM if you have any questions. here's a link
Explore Overland Sliders

Sliders2.jpg