West Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I that thought about this for a while and decided to put it out there to see if there is any interest. I retired in late-2018 and do some off road trips usually mid-week, that's when there are less crowds and one of the benefits of being retired. But always solo, seems everyone I know has to work during the week. So anybody in the northern 818 or southern 805 area codes (say Camarillo / Thousand Oaks to Burbank) who is retired(or semi retired), bored, and interested in doing some light mid-week off road trips? What I call the CCC"s (Cruise on forest service / fire roads; Camp in secluded quiet spots; Cook good meals; have a few laughs. Not looking to do any serious rock crawling, 45 degree hill climbs, etc. If there's an interest let me know, winter is coming and now is a great time to [lan for next spring / summer / fall.

Bishop

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Seratti
I'm not retired but I frequently have time off during weekdays so I often take mid-week trips for the same reasons you listed. Thinking about making a run around Feb 14th, either staying local and just heading up to Big Bear or being a bit more ambitious and doing a southern Utah run to some trails in the St. George area. Anyone interested in putting something together?

Traveler III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Right now I am confined to the barracks so-to-speak. My daughter in NoCal is due in late-March with a moderate-risk pregnancy. Wife has reminded me I do not want to be 5 hours away and out of cell contact in case something happens. I did RSVP for the Death Valley trip April 18th - 22nd or 23rd in Rally Point. Any interest in that trip?

Bishop

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Seratti
Always wanted to do Mojave road but kids are on spring break at that time so for me personally I'll be be occupied. Going forward, I'll post up any trips I have planned in May and beyond to see if there is any interest.

Reactions: Jeepin It Simple

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I that thought about this for a while and decided to put it out there to see if there is any interest. I retired in late-2018 and do some off road trips usually mid-week, that's when there are less crowds and one of the benefits of being retired. But always solo, seems everyone I know has to work during the week. So anybody in the northern 818 or southern 805 area codes (say Camarillo / Thousand Oaks to Burbank) who is retired(or semi retired), bored, and interested in doing some light mid-week off road trips? What I call the CCC"s (Cruise on forest service / fire roads; Camp in secluded quiet spots; Cook good meals; have a few laughs. Not looking to do any serious rock crawling, 45 degree hill climbs, etc. If there's an interest let me know, winter is coming and now is a great time to [lan for next spring / summer / fall.
Check out this meet-up, you might find some other retired members that want to get out. Also message the West Regional Director @Narbob he is a retired cop but I dont hold that against him, ;-)

Also, yes go to DV it is the largest park in the lower 48, you can be off pavement as long as you want. Overland Bound has a Trail Guardian event there in two weeks. And the Mojave Road is a must, we are there twice a year on TG events so if you need any info at all just message me.

Congrats on retirement, I personally have failed it several times.

Bishop

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Seratti
I'm looking to plan something around May 2nd, anyone interested? I've got a lot of places on my list that I want to get to this season: Funnel Lake CA is one and I've got a lot more exploring to do in Dixie National Forest in Utah. I'm always up for a quick jaunt through Big Bear, Anza, or Arizona. Not looking to break my truck, just get out to some secluded camping areas.

Traveler III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I'm looking to plan something around May 2nd, anyone interested? I've got a lot of places on my list that I want to get to this season: Funnel Lake CA is one and I've got a lot more exploring to do in Dixie National Forest in Utah. I'm always up for a quick jaunt through Big Bear, Anza, or Arizona. Not looking to break my truck, just get out to some secluded camping areas.