trekwithsly

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Mississippi, USA
First Name
Sly
Last Name
Vawj
I installed a winch a month ago and I've tested it in the field to get an idea of how to operate it safely using a tree saver, soft shackles, etc but when it comes to respooling, is hand tightening "good enough"
I'm running a synthetic line and don't have the means of another car to help with natural tension when respooling. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. Thank you!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I installed a winch a month ago and I've tested it in the field to get an idea of how to operate it safely using a tree saver, soft shackles, etc but when it comes to respooling, is hand tightening "good enough"
I'm running a synthetic line and don't have the means of another car to help with natural tension when respooling. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. Thank you!
I needs to be tight or it will pull the line into the spool. I pull mine with the Parking break set a little bit. Use a tree or something strong.

Sebt1890

Rank II

Traveler I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Sebastian
Last Name
T
I needs to be tight or it will pull the line into the spool. I pull mine with the Parking break set a little bit. Use a tree or something strong.

This, I used a tree, made it taught, threw it in neutral and got it tightened properly.