Hamilton County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9SWP
I've never been to redbird but it looks fun. Have you been there, are you trying to run the badge of honor trails?

Last edited:

Henrock911

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Morris, Illinois, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Never been, and I'm looking to hit any trails that I can. Midwest region doesn't look too busy. Trying to spark up some interest here lol. And it would be nice not to go at it alone

J B

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Hamilton County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9SWP
I hear you. From what I've seen online it's tight, muddy and super sloppy if it has rained. Hopefully someone will join that has knowledge of the area. Do you know what the camping is like, you trying to stay a couple of days right?

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

It's a great area....camping is sparse since the private campground closed....We camp at Sullivan Green State park when we are in the area...I'll try to make it up there...but that is coming right off OEE so it really depends on what it's like around the house....

Reactions: J B
C

Caliente

I’m gonna try to make it to this one. Job has me going between Bloomington/Normal, IL and Louisville, KY every weekend so I’m gonna try it swing an early-off and late-on.

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Looks like I’m not going to be able to make it…I’ll be a Rush Offroad that weekend…

C

Caliente

Damn I also have to bow out after all. I’ll try to make it back though. Good looking park.

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hey guys, I will try and make this happen. I have yet to explore what Indiana has to offer. Been living here for over a year already.
Check out this link…it’s a route I put together a few years ago…The Trans Hoosier Overland Route (THOR) lots of good links to click on with links to GPX files as well

Coryho86

Rank V

Advocate III

Bedford, IN, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Hovious
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gmrs WRUP645
Looks like I’ll only be available Saturday and will just come over early as I live about an hour away. Is there a plan of attack for the different trails? Looking at the jeep boh app it looks like trail difficulty goes 5, 3, 3x, 2x. Personally I’m not sure I can make it through much past 5&3 after watching YouTube videos of them.

Coryho86

Rank V

Advocate III

Bedford, IN, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Hovious
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gmrs WRUP645
Does anyone going have gmrs? I just got a gmrs radio and license. Don’t have a cb hooked up