Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Letting everyone know that this app is now in Texas helping get the most up to date fire info to people. The are a non-profit from the west coast that started after all the devastating fires they had over the last five years. They have expanded to Texas to help the public with real information. This is not a chat page, it just has up to date information directly from the fires. Please help spread the word.

This link works in a browser.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Several folks on the Hidden Falls trip asked about where to post pictures they had taken. So, I made a place for Texas pictures.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The boss just ok'd me to attend Overland Expo West in Flagstaff this year. Is anyone in this group planning to attend?
We'd love to go, but with our kid in college, probably won't have the time available.

Reactions: DosTacos

Kevin_e78d80

Rank III

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Milewski
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
Well, we're baaaack! We did a 7 day trip to Lake Lavon (to see our old house in Murphy), then to Copper Breaks for the evening stars. Next we spent 2 nights in Caprock Canyons. And then 3 nights at Merus Adventure Park, where we somehow managed to do 3 Intermediate (blue) trails (Lonesome Dove, Back 40, & 101 Loopback) on our own in the '23 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Whew... tough, but somehow we made it! Our last day at Merus it rained, so then we toured Palo Duro Canyon SP. We'll post some pics/vids once we catch up on work a bit. We still owe the pics from the Hidden Falls event, too.

SeekingSolace

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Burnet, TX, USA
First Name
TimMichelle
Last Name
Malant
Member #

Several folks on the Hidden Falls trip asked about where to post pictures they had taken. So, I made a place for Texas pictures.

Wish we could've gone, we miss going out!

Reactions: Sparksalot

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Wish we could've gone, we miss going out!
There's still the Hill Country trip.

Annual Texas Hill Country Route Trip

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
REMINDER -
Texas Hill Country Route Trip is this Saturday, 4/6/2024
This will be instead of the normal monthly meet up. We will meet up at Academy Sports & Outdoors in Georgetown around 7:00am and head out sometime around 7:30am.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
I hope everyone has a great time on the trip tomorrow! Keep your eyes open for all the eclipsers cuz they're gonna be out there!

And Mike, that Jeep is YOU!

Reactions: RJemal and roots66