Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
My needs:
1. Get a little bit of ground clearance (I'm not lifted yet, but will do a 3 or 4" sometime)
2. Ability to accommodate a winch
3. Rear bumper must provide swingaway at least for full-size spare, preferably also for jerry cans. It's ok if I have to add that on, just needs to be able to accommodate it...but preferably would be a built in option.

I'm looking all over and it is very difficult to actually gauge how much clearance and departure angle I will get from it.

I don't rock crawl - never will. This is my daily driver that I also wheel in, but nothing crazy. Desert, beach, the Ozarks...no shelves or Moab for this beast. But with the current front bumper, I am a bit skittish to take on even slightly challenging situations.

I've seen Stealth, BodyArmor, DEV8, ARB, Westin, Rancho, RedRock, Expedition One, Wilco, FabFours, RigD

One other thing...I am not a guy that's going to pay 2800 for a name brand unless it provides clear benefit over it's competition that might be lower. I am also not interested in buying a piece of junk that is cheap but won't last or fit well.

Help! I'm tired, aggravated, demoralized, suspicious of name brands and just generally cranky from doing all this research.

'bout ready to learn to weld at this point.

Waaazooo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Middle River, MD, USA
First Name
Waz
Last Name
Zoo
Member #

I’m assuming you have a 1/2t truck. Remove the air dam in the front, that will give you a few more inches of approach. You can also push the bumper forward with spacers on the mounting bolts almost an inch and that should get you 34 or 35 inch tires on select wheels. I had 0 offset wheels 20x9 and 34 in tires with no rubbing and 1.5 “ level for the front, might need strut exetender (inexpensive) Rear is pretty easy to get more departure by putting a 1” larger block in the back. Total investment Is about $200-300.