Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Keep an eye on Facebook marketplace, I got a set of old steel chrome wheels for $150 that I moved my BFGs to.

Reactions: Dave Snyder

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Isn't it just the standard six or eight lug? Or did ram do something weird.
Google search showed me a ton of rims available.

RedDogMaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE USA
First Name
RDog
Last Name
Master
The answer you are looking for is; Sell The Ram! :grin:

Seriously, what is your intended use for the Ram (Offroad? Street Racing? Commuter?) and what type of wheels are you looking for and budget?

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Width of the wheel will dictate (to varying degrees) the size tire you can run, so you really need to decide what size tire you might want to use before purchasing. Bolt circle, pilot diameter, back spacing will determine vehicle fitment, rim width will limit tire section width, rim diameter will dictate bead diameter

You're not providing enough information for anyone to give you much advice, there are many many custom wheels out there ranging in quality from cheap shit, to take your breath away.

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

Greenfield Township, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Width of the wheel will dictate (to varying degrees) the size tire you can run, so you really need to decide what size tire you might want to use before purchasing. Bolt circle, pilot diameter, back spacing will determine vehicle fitment, rim width will limit tire section width, rim diameter will dictate bead diameter

You're not providing enough information for anyone to give you much advice, there are many many custom wheels out there ranging in quality from cheap shit, to take your breath away.
Currently have 275 x 60 x 20 General AT Grabbers on the truck with a 5 lug pattern. The biggest issue is no full size spare so I thought I'd upgrade the rim's while I was at it. Finding lots of rim's but not much with a five lug pattern.

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

The answer you are looking for is; Sell The Ram! :grin:

Seriously, what is your intended use for the Ram (Offroad? Street Racing? Commuter?) and what type of wheels are you looking for and budget?
Selling it isn't an option. The truck is my daily driver but also looking to set it up better for some offroad travel. No rock crawling or anything like that. The biggest issue is no full size spare so I thought I'd look into upgrading the wheels while I was at it. Currently running 275 x 60 x 20 General AT Grabbers with a 5 lug pattern. Basically looking for something better than the factory wheels. Budget would be $300ish per wheel.

Reactions: RedDogMaster

RedDogMaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE USA
First Name
RDog
Last Name
Master
Selling it isn't an option. The truck is my daily driver but also looking to set it up better for some offroad travel. No rock crawling or anything like that. The biggest issue is no full size spare so I thought I'd look into upgrading the wheels while I was at it. Currently running 275 x 60 x 20 General AT Grabbers with a 5 lug pattern. Basically looking for something better than the factory wheels. Budget would be $300ish per wheel.
Just kidding regarding selling the Ram!
Method Wheels makes a good product, my Offroad buddies all run Method Wheels. too rich for my blood, as I went with Vision Offroad Turbines on our Tacoma. If I had to do it again, I'd got with Method 301's. Good luck!

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Just kidding regarding selling the Ram!
Method Wheels makes a good product, my Offroad buddies all run Method Wheels. too rich for my blood, as I went with Vision Offroad Turbines on our Tacoma. If I had to do it again, I'd got with Method 301's. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Really liking what I see on their site.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Another vote for Method wheels, for people who want to air down for off road, they have a few of their wheels with what they call 'bead grip' technology that has small ridges in the wheel flange to help keep the bead from slipping off at low pressure, pretty good compromise between a basic smooth wheel, and heavy expensive bead locks which are not typically DOT approved.

I have also been happy with Dirty Life wheels, Just got a set for the JK, love that not everyone has them so they look a bit different, and very affordable. Planning on a set for my Ram 3500 when i get around to doing a build on that.

I have found that the aftermarket wheels somtime have the valve stem a lot farther out (more exposed) than the stock wheels, the new tpms sensors I got on the last set would have had the valve stick out beyond the rim of the wheel, I managed to find a replacement valve stem for the new sensors that was almost an inch shorter (only sticks out about 3/4 inch from the mounting hole. far less likely to get snagged off road.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
You can't go wrong with METHOD Race Wheels. This is the MR305NV HD. Also, check out the 704 Model...also similar in appearance as the one pictured below.

NITTO METHOD COMBO SET.jpg