R.I.P. Beloved vehicles that are now gone (wrecked,traded in,sold,or lost in divorce)

• HTML tutorial

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

On my goodness don't get me started, I have had so many vehicles with big dreams, but life happened so.....

But planning for her Excursion to be my forever vehicle, life after almost 20 years of marriage is a little more stable, and I'm a little more set in my ways.

Overland Bound Member #6080
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram

Reactions: Chadlyb and Jimmy P

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
I'm with @AdventureAwaitsTN. Sometimes life got in the way, other times I made stupid decisions. The biggest regret / mistake I think I made was getting rid of my old suburban. It was a great family rig, and was setup very well, but I thought I needed more luxury in my life. Live and learn. I sure miss our "beaster" :smile:

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

I'm with @AdventureAwaitsTN. Sometimes life got in the way, other times I made stupid decisions. The biggest regret / mistake I think I made was getting rid of my old suburban. It was a great family rig, and was setup very well, but I thought I needed more luxury in my life. Live and learn. I sure miss our "beaster" :smile:

Yep! Had one 1984 two tone blue, that one will fall into the stupid decision column.

Reactions: Jimmy P and Chadlyb

grover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Silver Springs, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Grover
Member #

I miss my Suzuki Grand Vitara. Not many people are into them but it's a pretty capable little machine. It had a V6, low-range 4x4, solid rear axle, and a body on frame construction. I had mine all sorted out nicely and then I sold it to get something with more room after my first daughter was born:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My buddy Tim lost his 2wd Toyota extended cab last winter in a 3time roll over accident when he hit black ice on the highway...thankfully the big man upstairs didn't punch his card and I got to keep my friend...he was thrown out passenger side window over 50 ft c1e39ec8-3acb-4550-8792-a9d73fe2277a.jpg

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Ugh I def have a few of these....
First one.. 2003 f250 7.3l diesel with about 30k worth of mods..... (I was single haha). And it was paid off!

Sold that truck to get this diesel excursion

I also had a 85cj7 that was all fixed up that I would tow with the f250. Can't seem to find a picture of it......

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Ugh I def have a few of these....
First one.. 2003 f250 7.3l diesel with about 30k worth of mods..... (I was single haha). And it was paid off!

Sold that truck to get this diesel excursion

I also had a 85cj7 that was all fixed up that I would tow with the f250. Can't seem to find a picture of it......

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app
Do you still have the Excursion?

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Do you still have the Excursion?

Nope :( owned it for a year and put 500 miles on it... that thing was HUGE. its a 10.5" lift on 40" tires. It would take up 4 parking spots at chuckee cheese haha.... Some guy in New Mexico bought it....

Reactions: rgk401

grover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Silver Springs, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Grover
Member #

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Love the old Range Rover. I watched an episode of Mountain State Overland on Youtube last night and one of the crew was driving a Range Rover that looks a lot like yours. IMO the coolest truck in the video:
I just watched that same episode and was so jazzed to see it in action...thanks for sharing it

Rorschach

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Huntington Beach, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Niederhauser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ULA
I'm at work so no pictures but:
1991 Isuzu Trooper
1979 K30 Chevy truck
1984 GMC Jimmy (full size, lots of mods)
1967 Willys CJ6
1978 Chevy Suburban.

Sent from my LGLS991 using OB Talk mobile app

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

No pics (it was before I got into photography) but I still miss my old red 1989 VW Corrado G60 (was told it had 220hp, not sure if true but it was fast!!)
Then there was my old 1988 Volvo 760 GLE, my first and last v6 powered vehicle (just over 200.000 miles on it, no rust and everything worked!)
And my 1991 Volvo 240GL (2.3 8v), my first rwd car (I am still looking for another one).

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

'92 Chevy. Got stolen Christmas weekend last year, which lead to me buying my Xterra. While the truck had its problems, and the Xterra is a far better overlanding platform, I do miss it sometimes.

View attachment 35795
Good looking truck....absolutely despise thieves..and at Christmas..geez...they totally deserve a helping of coal pooped out by Santa's reindeer ...just saying

Reactions: Quicksilver