Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We need to be apart of the solution not the problem! The days of pounding around the desert like we own it are over. As the saying goes if you see something say something, lets all be good stewards of the land. If we aren't our ability to use it will be taken away.

I hope that all the meet-ups in the West Region understand this, and please keep it at the top of your list of things to talk about at meet-ups.

Once again. BE THE SOLUTION NOT THE PROBLEM!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Del Albright

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mokelumne Hill, CA
Member #

Stewardship and sucking it up are what we need to do...by that I mean sucking it up when you have to stop and pick up someone else's trash; sucking it up when you have to suggest to a group of careless campers with a huge campfire during fire season; and more...and all that is stewardship and being part of the solution. Just like @Kent R says.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Stewardship and sucking it up are what we need to do...by that I mean sucking it up when you have to stop and pick up someone else's trash; sucking it up when you have to suggest to a group of careless campers with a huge campfire during fire season; and more...and all that is stewardship and being part of the solution. Just like @Kent R says.
Very true.....and is something that does not have to consume all your time. Every little trash amount removed, is that much LESS, that accumulates, or someone else picks up.

Reactions: Narbob

Smokinjoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ridgecrest
Member #

We need to be apart of the solution not the problem! The days of pounding around the desert like we own it are over. As the saying goes if you see something say something, lets all be good stewards of the land. If we aren't our ability to use it will be taken away.

I hope that all the meet-ups in the West Region understand this, and please keep it at the top of your list of things to talk about at meet-ups.

Once again. BE THE SOLUTION NOT THE PROBLEM!
We have a chance and looking for support of OB Members but was hoping for more than 40 views on my post and its hard to tell if anyone sent email into state. we have an issue at Red Rock State park and all we need are email responses an ez thing but hard to get , folks like to talk the talk but don't do the walk..... rant over

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We have a chance and looking for support of OB Members but was hoping for more than 40 views on my post and its hard to tell if anyone sent email into state. we have an issue at Red Rock State park and all we need are email responses an ez thing but hard to get , folks like to talk the talk but don't do the walk..... rant over
Please message me here on the forum @Kent R or email Kent@overlandbound.com I need more information about what you are referring to.
Thanks

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Tell that to the liberals who shut down all public acess in texas, we used to have public areas then new laws were made and the land was sold off to private entities and now all we have are designated offroad parks that you have to pay to get into and you also have to purchace a sticker every year from department of wildlife just to be there. Its not even about cleanliness on the trail we were invaded by enviromental activists that bitched until they got their way we cant even cross a river or creek here without the worry of the epa coming down with an iron fist. What we need are more lobbyist to fight for us not more trail cleanups,,, just the way i see it in my part of the country

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
What we need are more lobbyist to fight for us not more trail cleanups,,, just the way i see it in my part of the country
That is a good point. I think the trail clean up needs to happen regardless because that will at least bring things up to a somewhat neutral level, currently with polluted areas and trash everywhere, the situation is at a negative level. Being at a negative level, people who normally don't really care one way or the other about people camping on public land, now have a negative bias toward it and will now help support closing off areas to the public since there is damage being done to the area. I think some lobbying would definitely help keep some lands open to the public , just like the NRA has helped with gun rights, but we really need to help get these areas cleaned up before presenting any arguments.

Reactions: M Rose and Baipin

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I reckon if your leaving trash everywhere you know if your the problem, alot of times the trash isnt left by off roaders its left by drug addicts who happen to go off road to do the drugs so cops dont catch them, then there is just generally trashy people who will take couches beds etc and just dump them so as not to pay landfill charges. After the bumpstock debacle i dont have any love for the nra. If we had an organization like that it would be taken over by the same type of people who want you to pay them to take your rights

Reactions: Baipin