Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

So we travel full-time and we move locations every 2 weeks on average. I was wondering what the appropriate forum is to post a general question such as:

"Heading to Medora, ND tomorrow, specifically Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Are there any "must see" or visit off-road sites or areas for exploration, camping, or recreation?"

I'd like to pick the members brains about areas we are heading into on our journey fairly regularly. Obviously I'll use the map radius button when applicable. However in the Medora area there is currently nobody there right now on the map.

If someone could point me to the right forum for these types of questions it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Jeepsies AKA Eric

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Jeepsies Folks typically post in the Trip Planning forum for questions of this sort. Or occasionally within the specific region forum.

We typically dissuade members from cross-posting in multiple forums. However, an option for someone such as you traveling all over might be to post about your trip in the Trip Planning forum. And then as you visit various regions, post in that region's forum with a link to your Trip Panning thread. Something like "I'm passing through your region, and want to visit must see points of interest and trails. Please reply in my Trip Planning thread here [link]"

Also, be sure to join the regional Facebook group or areas where you are traveling. Sometimes there are members on those that do not frequent the forum.

Reactions: Boort and Chadlyb

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

@Jeepsies Folks typically post in the Trip Planning forum for questions of this sort. Or occasionally within the specific region forum.

We typically dissuade members from cross-posting in multiple forums. However, an option for someone such as you traveling all over might be to post about your trip in the Trip Planning forum. And then as you visit various regions, post in that region's forum with a link to your Trip Panning thread. Something like "I'm passing through your region, and want to visit must see points of interest and trails. Please reply in my Trip Planning thread here [link]"

Also, be sure to join the regional Facebook group or areas where you are traveling. Sometimes there are members on those that do not frequent the forum.

Thanks for the tip Steve. Definitely want to follow good etiquette here. Just didn't know where to post those types of questions. Appreciate the insight.

Reactions: Steve and Chadlyb

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Thanks for the tip Steve. Definitely want to follow good etiquette here. Just didn't know where to post those types of questions. Appreciate the insight.
Also PLEASE post about your travels, would be great reading and like your seeking, others can get ideas of stuff to see/do from what you've done.......Be safe out there.

Jim

Reactions: Hourless Life

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Also PLEASE post about your travels, would be great reading and like your seeking, others can get ideas of stuff to see/do from what you've done.......Be safe out there.

Jim
Currently we’re in Medora, North Dakota for the week. It is crazy hot here right now around 104 degrees. But this is the home of Theodore Roosevelt National Park. We just got in today and we’ll be here for a week. The little town is not as kitschy as most tourist towns and has a really quaint downtown area with a bunch of ticketed shows. Fun little place. But I’ll definitely post once I figure out where haha!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Been there, got the bobble-head pin from the gift store! :)

In 1993, my little brother and I stopped at the overlook on our way to backpack around Mt Rainier in Washington for my 40th birthday. Vowed to come back and explore some day. This time last year, I finally made it. Such a neat hidden gem! At one point on the loop road, we stopped for a small (25-30) bison herd. I sat on top of my 4Runner to get a better view of them in the distance. They came our way, and the herd split around my truck as they passed us. AWESOME!!! The grunting, smell, dust, the ground shaking. It was unbelievable, and a memory I'll never forget!

Enjoy your visit

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We made it to Rapid City. Already conquered Deadwood, Badlands, Wall Drug, and the Missile Site. Now we're in Rapid City proper getting some repairs done. But we'll be back at it soon.