Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Dave put this up in West Europe and Christoff in Africa,

So, I will have that same question to all of you. Send me your questions, I will ask them and relay the answers.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello Robert,

Thanks for asking about this! First of all, I think it's great that there is this possibility again! Very good! So members can contribute much better, ask questions, express ideas. This enlivens a community!

I had already asked two questions in Dave's post in the Western Europe subforum. I know these are both old topics that have been discussed several times. But it is still current and maybe there is the possibility to ask again or at least get the current status. This ist regarding:

A. Ordering OB merchandising itmes from the US is a pain for us in Europe due to freight costs and customs.
(1) Adding freight, customs and tax (depening on certain thersholds) is for single articles/ smaller orders not in relation to the value of an article and
(2) the processing through customs takes very long (my experience in Germany up to three weeks usually!).

B. Stickers and patches for Europe
If I remember correctly, there was an announcement that new stickers and patches for Europe will be available soon. Right?

C. I like this idea of the Q&A very much. It promotes contact with the members and interest in the activities. Is it planned to make such a Q&A session to regular dates, maybe 4 times throughout a year or so? That might be an idea!

D. Then perhaps the topic of knowledge base. There is an incredible depth of comprehensive information on the subject of overlanding here in the forum. I think it makes sense to think about how the information can be structured even better, a kind of Overlanding knowledge base. But maybe this idea already exists. In any case, I would be willing to invest a bit of time and think about how this can be implemented. Glad to help.

In case other topics come to my mind, I'll be happy to write in here. I'm also curious what questions and ideas will come together here in the next few days! I look forward to it!

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: Michael and Kent R

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Fore me the topic on merch is more pressing than ever since as of July 1st the rules will change again and even on packet values lower than €20 we will need to pay taxes and custom fees. So, an Eu based shop NOT UK!! is especially important

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
When I look at the member map here and zoom out a little, then I see really many yellow and black points in Europe. So we already have some members in Europe! So, come up with your ideas and suggestions! Take advantage of this great opportunity of the Q&A with Michael and Corrie! Thanks!

Reactions: Michael

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

These are the questions I will send to @Michael and @Corrie.

Are there more? Just put them here.
QuestionsFrom who
1.Ordering OB merchandising itmes from the US is a pain for us in Europe due to freight costs and customs.Björn/Toon/Robert
Adding freight, customs and tax (depening on certain thersholds) is for single articles/ smaller orders not in relation to the value of an article.
the processing through customs takes very long (my experience in Germany up to three weeks usually!).
Note: after the 1st of july duties and taxes are raised with 21% VAT. For everything outside the EU.Robert
2.Stickers, badges and patches for Europe.Björn
If I remember correctly, there was an announcement that new stickers and patches for Europe will be available soon. Right?
3. I like this idea of the Q&A very much. It promotes contact with the members and interest in the activities.Björn
Is it planned to make such a Q&A session to regular dates, maybe 4 times throughout a year or so? That might be an idea!
4.Setting up a shop in the EU. So transport, duties taxes and prices can be reduced. Has to be within the EU, as every place else will suffer delays.Toon/Robert
This is our idea for OB to gain more sales in the EU.
5.Items from the webshop available in the EU. As some items arent available for us here, I hear that people feel a bit second rated. Rumours heard via WA and such.
6.Then perhaps the topic of knowledge base. Björn
There is an incredible depth of comprehensive information on the subject of overlanding here in the forum.
I think it makes sense to think about how the information can be structured even better, a kind of Overlanding knowledge base.
But maybe this idea already exists. In any case, I would be willing to invest a bit of time and think about how this can be implemented. Glad to help.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
These are the questions I will send to @Michael and @Corrie.

Are there more? Just put them here.
QuestionsFrom who
1.Ordering OB merchandising itmes from the US is a pain for us in Europe due to freight costs and customs.Björn/Toon/Robert
Adding freight, customs and tax (depening on certain thersholds) is for single articles/ smaller orders not in relation to the value of an article.
the processing through customs takes very long (my experience in Germany up to three weeks usually!).
Note: after the 1st of july duties and taxes are raised with 21% VAT. For everything outside the EU.Robert
2.Stickers, badges and patches for Europe.Björn
3. I like this idea of the Q&A very much. It promotes contact with the members and interest in the activities.Björn
Is it planned to make such a Q&A session to regular dates, maybe 4 times throughout a year or so? That might be an idea!
4.Setting up a shop in the EU. So transport, duties taxes and prices can be reduced. Has to be within the EU, as every place else will suffer delays.Toon/Robert
This is our idea for OB to gain more sales in the EU.
5.Items from the webshop available in the EU. As some items arent available for us here, I hear that people feel a bit second rated. Rumours heard via WA and such.
6.Then perhaps the topic of knowledge base. Björn
There is an incredible depth of comprehensive information on the subject of overlanding here in the forum.
I think it makes sense to think about how the information can be structured even better, a kind of Overlanding knowledge base.
But maybe this idea already exists. In any case, I would be willing to invest a bit of time and think about how this can be implemented. Glad to help.
Thanks, Robert! As discussed I am on the road and quite busy Wednesday. But will try to join.