Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
Is 58.5” what you are measuring? Ford says online that the bed length is 61” for new Rangers. What year?. Let me know.
I re-measured the bed. From the bottom of the bed next to the cab, to the edge of the bed at the tailgate is 61". Unfortunately, the "headboard" of the bed is angled inward, towards the tailgate. There are structural ribs that protrude even farther into the bed. If the measurement is taken from the ribs to the tailgate, its 58.5". Dumbass marketing, if you ask me. I hate marketing, probably as much as you hate bins.PXL_20200922_002926195.jpg

PXL_20200922_003016770.jpg

At the tailgate
PXL_20200922_003047758.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I re-measured the bed. From the bottom of the bed next to the cab, to the edge of the bed at the tailgate is 61". Unfortunately, the "headboard" of the bed is angled inward, towards the tailgate. There are structural ribs that protrude even farther into the bed. If the measurement is taken from the ribs to the tailgate, its 58.5". Dumbass marketing, if you ask me. I hate marketing, probably as much as you hate bins.View attachment 170895

View attachment 170896

At the tailgate
View attachment 170897
Thanks for the info, I’ll see if I can find a Ranger locally and test fit it

Jariners

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Kittitas County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Hey @PapaDave just put a deposit down on a PullKitchen this morning! Got the aluminum and double water… might as well do it how I want it the first time. After drawing plans and pricing everything— I decided that your company’s expertise was worth more than my time… after all, I just need to sell a few more furniture items to pay for it

My question is about the foam you used, I know it’s not included, but what size and where did you snag it?

Love the product! I’m a huge DIY guy but damn if Dave has it dialed in already for not really that much more considering labor costs.

Thanks @PapaDave

Any other cool items in the works for this setup that you need someone to demo? I’m wondering about a propane line so I don’t have to constantly put the green little guy on…

Last edited:

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey @PapaDave just put a deposit down on a PullKitchen this morning! Got the aluminum and double water… might as well do it how I want it the first time. After drawing plans and pricing everything— I decided that your company’s expertise was worth more than my time… after all, I just need to sell a few more furniture items to pay for it

My question is about the foam you used, I know it’s not included, but what size and where did you snag it?

Love the product! For those wanting to DIY, I priced it out at around $2k from retail prices (I mocked using just 1x1 squares for the aluminum). I’m a huge DIY guy but damn if Dave has it dialed in already for not really that much more considering labor costs (I charge $80/hour for my time).

Thanks @PapaDave

Any other cool items in the works for this setup that you need someone to demo? I’m wondering about a propane line so I don’t have to constantly put the green little guy on…
Hey Jeff
Yes I saw your order come through! Thank you! It’s hard to estimate I know but our materials cost is more than what you found but we also have a number of plate braces and custom laser cut items and such, but good job!

It takes a couple days to build these and that’s with digital online work instructions too. My original DIY is defintely much simpler and less efficient on its use of space than our current model. I love DIY and have this thread up to encourage it, but I can’t tell you how many emails we’ve received from people saying they should have just bought one based on how it turned out and the time invested. Speaking of I hope furniture sales are good!

So what’s new is we have snap custom covers now for open bed vehicles or barely sealed ones for dust and the elements. We’ve had a number of people hook up a hose from a larger propane tank but for us we only sell them designed for small bottles so they have to be removed and reducing liability. If that makes sense.

Our customers have been pretty excited to say the least! This customer posted a video online of his set up, definitely one of our favorites! He’s pumped!

Last edited:

Jariners

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Kittitas County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Love the product! For those wanting to DIY, I priced it out at around $2k from retail prices (I mocked using just 1x1 squares for the aluminum). I’m a huge DIY guy but damn if Dave has it dialed in already for not really that much more considering labor costs (I charge $80/hour for my time).

Thanks @PapaDave

Hey Jeff
Yes I saw your order come through! Thank you! It’s hard to estimate I know but our materials cost is more than what you found but we also have a number of plate braces and custom laser cut items and such, but good job!

It takes a couple, days to build these and that’s with digital online work instructions too, my original DIY is defintely much simpler and less efficient on its use of space than our current model. I love DIY and have this thread up to encourage it, but I can’t tell you how many emails we’ve received from people saying they should have just bought one based on how it turned out and the time invested. Speaking of I hope furniture sales are good!

So what’s new is we have snap custom covers now for open bed vehicles or barely sealed ones for dust and the elements. We’ve had a number of people hook up a hose from a larger propane tank but for us we only sell them designed for small bottles so they have to be removed and reducing liability. If that makes sense.

Our customers have been pretty excited to say the least! This customer posted a video online of his set up, definitely one of our favorites! He’s pumped!

Your materials are better than what I spec’s for sure— I would have had to go buy things as I built and mine I was thinking “budget” version of yours which I would have fully regretted! Very excited about this build, thanks for starting a cool company Dave!

This will be going into a F150 short bed under a SmartCap so I may try and to a quick connect to a propane hose. Totally understand not adding that on

Furniture business is growing, but so are material costs so… maybe a wash in the end. Appreciate your work on this!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Your materials are better than what I spec’s for sure— I would have had to go buy things as I built and mine I was thinking “budget” version of yours which I would have fully regretted! Very excited about this build, thanks for starting a cool company Dave!

This will be going into a F150 short bed under a SmartCap so I may try and to a quick connect to a propane hose. Totally understand not adding that on

Furniture business is growing, but so are material costs so… maybe a wash in the end. Appreciate your work on this!
Feel you on material costs! Everything from our pallet costs (we have heavy duty custom ones that meet international shipping specs) to aluminum and our composite panel sheets have been changing week to week. Makes me want to get out into the wild more and more!

Reactions: Jariners

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I’m realizing that I never posted our SEMA21 event. We partnered with Ford for a collaboration at SEMA21 in Vegas. We were in the rear of a F150 Tremor on the main stage next to Leno and Keith Urban. Haha
B6EA22B7-E102-4782-9083-96823B957684.jpeg9935ADB4-1210-4068-A731-499372EC485D.jpeg9A450214-F1BD-4EAA-A6B8-BB5A74C0C691.jpegF12FC77E-222B-4164-9A37-A608EC23EA99.jpeg

Reactions: HaVeeBear and Boort

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
OVERLAND EXPO WEST

If anyone is going to Overland Expo West in Flagstaff later in May, Overland Chef Jessie Houston www.instagram.com/overlandchef will be doing cooking demonstration‘s from the CBI Off Road booth only on Friday. He has his brand new custom PullKitchen that he will be demonstrating from.

So if you are at Overland Expo West you can see one in person.

E3964AD6-E100-4EE4-ABCD-B6C5DEC32407.jpegEF6DD8AA-C26D-442D-A8F6-7FA5E7B789B8.jpegADE13DCC-3960-4755-B4DC-856EE66E20C3.jpeg
The PullKitchen was still being finished in this photo

Reactions: HaVeeBear

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

The product is fabulous. Unfortunately MOST applications on lifted trucks with monster tires end up with a counter height a foot or more taller than the ideal kitchen counter height of 36".
No fault of this product just the reality of what so many overlanders build AND what pickup truck manufacturers are building today.... even before a lift and tires.
On an EXPO trailer built/designed/engineered to fit that 36" kitchen counter height...... this is a great product.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
The product is fabulous. Unfortunately MOST applications on lifted trucks with monster tires end up with a counter height a foot or more taller than the ideal kitchen counter height of 36".
No fault of this product just the reality of what so many overlanders build AND what pickup truck manufacturers are building today.... even before a lift and tires.
On an EXPO trailer built/designed/engineered to fit that 36" kitchen counter height...... this is a great product.
The sink and burner height is 8” above the tailgate height so yes just depends on your build and height.
Most Tacomas on 33’s with a 2-3” lift work perfectly, but yes a huge build on 40’s might not.

This trailer looks crazy tall till you meet the owner who’s 6’6”. Fit perfectly.

M1101 on 37’s with 3” lift and Bedslide.

3C7C46F9-8B92-46F8-A11F-F10DEA2C233A.jpeg

Last edited:

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We made a simple slideshow video of how customers have installed their PullKitchen

Reactions: HaVeeBear

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Here is a short walk through camping up at 10,202’ by Belfort Ghost Town. This was an Overland Bound trip with 18 rigs

Reactions: BlueUnicorn

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
High desert simplicity….well sort of! This is the new iKamper 3.0, KB Voodoo Modular ProMax rack (ask me for a discount code), and a left working PullKitchen on the passenger side. Can life get better?

Reactions: BlueUnicorn