Redding , CA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JGA
MAPLand Act Aims to Unlock Access to Public Lands. Contact your national Congress person to support this bill. It will help us gain access to more public lands. Link to the article below.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
MAPLand Act Aims to Unlock Access to Public Lands. Contact your national Congress person to support this bill. It will help us gain access to more public lands. Link to the article below.

Interesting, this has been talked about for a long time.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I guess thats good for places with alot of public land or it could mean access for undesirable people to go out and party, do drugs and dump trash. I know around me the roads that go nowhere usually are trashed especially if there is lake access.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

This is an excellent initiative. I tend to visit pretty remote, unpopulated areas but I also love the west coast and from Seattle thru San Fransisco the references for where I can go or should not go are often impossible to find. "Roads"are easy to find, but seasonal restrictions for water shed or wildlife or breeding populations seem to be "local knowledge" only.

This sounds like great spending/hiring program as we emerge from the COVID experience. $32M is pennies if it provides employment and a service.

Heres hoping.