Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Greeting Programs,
Here is the nearly completed “roof-nest”. I welded some pieces of square tube to the corners of the railing, ordered some canopy brackets off Amazon and picked up some chain link fence rails from Home Depot. Threw some mesh netting from the Army-Navy Surplus and now have a shaded-covered patio I can hang out on at the RTT.

it may double as a deer stand/blind once some finishing touches are made and some burlap netting is added to the walls to bust up silhouettes.

I have to install the base brackets for my boat seats and a small table top that will plug into the brackets mounted in the expanded steel decking, maybe a tree stand style bow/rifle rack or two attached to the railing. Possibilities are endless! It all comes apart and stows under the flooring of the deck, and the tool box in the bed of the trailer. I’m pretty stoked and wish I had completed it in time for deer season... Oh well, next year!

I have also acquired one of the All-In-One Chinese diesel heaters and Have been setting it up for the rtt.

Next up- finish building the solar generator and install the panels I have. Will probably mount them (One to slide out from under the deck between the trailer and my tow vehicle, and one mounted on the tow vehicle roof/rack). Have them able to function in parallel or individually depending on need.

Mrs. Santa has authorized Santa to bring me the components I need to build a Solar generator into one of the Pelican style cases from HarborFreight. That project should be done between Christmas and New Years, when my Son is visiting with his family. He has built a couple solar off grid set ups for himself and a couple of his neighbors that all live in a Tiny Home village near Rexburg, Idaho.

I love it when plans come to fruition...

Attachments