Possible monthly NW-OR SW-WA meetup idea, input?

• HTML tutorial

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Hey guys, Steven here (changed username from OregonViewFinders). I've been thinking about trying to get a regular meetup going and might have gotten it figured out. Life has been a bit wild for us with my son's recent medical needs, but with no regular meetups for us in this area going I'm really wanting to make something happen. I stopped by Mule Expedition Outfitter's new Tualatin OR store, they have a nice parking area that is typically not crowded on Saturdays and they were very open to us meeting there every month when I spoke to them. This would be a cars and coffee type gig, just everyone get together for a few hours to hangout and visit from 10 to noon or so. I don't have the time unfortunately to organize the events further to include training, trail runs, etc. But maybe someone else could step up to that plate if we at least got the ball rolling on a regular monthly gathering. Your thoughts?

IMG_1233.jpg

Flying pig

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florence, OR, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
sprueill
Member #

Yeah it would be nice to get a group meet around Eugene maybe. Im on the coast but id drive over the hill.

Reactions: M Rose

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Yeah it would be nice to get a group meet around Eugene maybe. Im on the coast but id drive over the hill.
Heya Jeff, we're gonna be working on a meet up in the near future. Not sure if we'll try to set something up on the coast or over the coast range in the valley, but you're definitely on the contact list! I'll keep you posted. :sunglasses:

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey guys, Steven here (changed username from OregonViewFinders). I've been thinking about trying to get a regular meetup going and might have gotten it figured out. Life has been a bit wild for us with my son's recent medical needs, but with no regular meetups for us in this area going I'm really wanting to make something happen. I stopped by Mule Expedition Outfitter's new Tualatin OR store, they have a nice parking area that is typically not crowded on Saturdays and they were very open to us meeting there every month when I spoke to them. This would be a cars and coffee type gig, just everyone get together for a few hours to hangout and visit from 10 to noon or so. I don't have the time unfortunately to organize the events further to include training, trail runs, etc. But maybe someone else could step up to that plate if we at least got the ball rolling on a regular monthly gathering. Your thoughts?

View attachment 139183
I highly encourage y'all to do this. If you need any assistance, feel free to DM me. I'd also love to make it down sometime.

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I fired off an email to them to try and get this rolling, if I can get the details sorted I'm hoping to have a meetup the last Saturdays of the month there starting this month. I'll keep everyone posted.

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I wish I could, but with our kiddo's very high medical needs we neither have the time nor is it wise for us to be involved with unfamiliar groups unfortunately.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Can MULE even host this kind of event under the current conditions? I know out here in the east side we can’t have our club breakfast on Saturday... and there is only 10 of us that go.

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Can MULE even host this kind of event under the current conditions? I know out here in the east side we can’t have our club breakfast on Saturday... and there is only 10 of us that go.
I'm not sure, I'm assuming no, as far as I'm aware there's still occupancy restrictions in place and such, but I'm not up to speed on all that stuff.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'm not sure, I'm assuming no, as far as I'm aware there's still occupancy restrictions in place and such, but I'm not up to speed on all that stuff.
Yea I don’t think they can as I look into it more.

Reactions: JxDub_