Launch Member

Member I

Oregon
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Kromer
Member #

I'm around the Portland area, need ideas for the family to go camping with some trails to come in on, any ideas? Closer, the better, we have a little one, that's not to used to the road trips yet.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Browns camp to the west and Mt hood to the east. Google can show you a lot of camping areas. All with in a 1-2 hr drive.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
I'm around the Portland area, need ideas for the family to go camping with some trails to come in on, any ideas? Closer, the better, we have a little one, that's not to used to the road trips yet.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Llk. The Portland/Vancouver area has a lot of great members, so I am sure someone like @Terry Pickens will be around to offer up some advice. If your little one will tolerate a little bit of a drive, @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are always active planning events down in the Salem area. As spring and summer come on I am sure there will be a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the your part of the PNW, so I recommend keeping an eye on this, the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link], for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I make it down to Vancouver every few months for work and am trying to set up a meetup each time, so I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
That should have shared the link- apologies-it is Willamette Valley Overland Bound

PNWFJ80

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Elmira, OR, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Hannon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
haha I wish
2nd Brown's Camp. Lots of trails. From easy to you will probably break something.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I’m in Vancouver and I’ve been doing research on the area NE of here towards St. Helens/Mt.Adams. The Gifford-Pinchot area looks pretty cool & accessible. If anyone ever wants to go explore up there definitely let me know.
Google "Ape Canyon" SE side of St Helens, very interesting history.

DIYTaco15

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

That’s what my family does every time we go to the beach. Spend the whole day there, and drive in the beach